12.01.2013

December Currently

I've been on a blogging hiatus.  I haven't had much to blog about.  I am working to figure out common core and how to make it work with what we've got.  It's not that exciting, and I doubt I am doing what the district would truly like me to do, but I see progress with  my kids and that's truly what matters - my kids learning! 
 
I've enjoyed having the last week off.  I was able to get a lot done at home and I feel pretty good about it.  I still have a million things to do, but Christmas vacation is coming up soon enough!  3 weeks off will be wonderful and glorious!  I hope it goes slower than this last week did!  I'd like for it to drag on and on! 
 
This week at school, I am changing up my plans from the past and jumping right in to Gingerbread Men.  We will read different stories each day, map them out, compare the stories, decorate some foam gingers and then on Friday, we will see if we can help the gingerbread man get across the river - by building little boats.  I figure I will pair the kids up, give them some popsicle sticks and glue and foil and let them go to town.  I figure it's a good Friday afternoon activity.  And it might be rainy and cold (for us, remember, 55 is cold!) so it will be perfect to burn off some energy!  Stay tuned for pictures! 
 
Here is my currently for December!  I have my house decorated inside and am waiting for hubby to do the outside!  Until then, I will enjoy the inside where it's cozy and lit up!  
 
 
 
For those interested, everything in my TPT store is 10% off.  And most of it is dirt cheap!  Check it out!  I have a couple of gingerbread things I will be using this week! 
 
Happy Monday eve!  Here's to a great week at school!
 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have found another CA blogger!! :) I too, can't wait for another break! Teaching can really take a toll on us! Hang in there! :)
    Aris
    Sailing into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love driving around looking at lights, too! There is something so magical about it.

    ReplyDelete