9.16.2013

Happy

I was so happy to be able to go to school today!  My students were so excited to see me and I was excited to see them.  It's been a long 2 weeks!  I don't think the kids knew I was coming back today...they all looked at me with surprise in their eyes.  I loved it!  

It was a good day back, even if it is only for half the day.  It was nice to get the routines re-established and see what they have been working on.  I was pleasantly surprised with their reading.  We have a long way to go, but they've made some good progress during my absence.  

With the way our schedule is, I wasn't able to get to writing with my kids.  They are working on writing with the sub, along with math.  It'll be interesting to see how they do on their test on Friday since this whole unit is being taught by substitutes.  I will test them in Friday morning before I leave for the day.  

Tomorrow will be another fun day.  I forgot that its Constitution day.  I need to figure out a quick lesson to do with my kids that'll cover the topic without taking a huge amount of time out of the day.  I'd like to watch the Snoopy video, but I don't know if there's enough minutes in my day!  We'll see what I get done tomorrow!  

Well, it's time to read with my daughter.  She said enough computer time for now!  I hope you had a great Monday...I sure did!  

No comments:

Post a Comment