8.02.2013

It's August?!?!?!?!?!

Holy Moses!  It's August!  What happened to July?  I have seen that on my blog posts and it is so true!  July seemed to fly right by.  So did June. And now, I am on countdown until the first day of school.  I may need to take a moment to shed a tear. 

Don't get me wrong.  I love my job.  I am just loving vacation a little more right now.  But I can't really complain.  I had a pretty great vacation.  It hasn't been so great now at the end, but we can't always have it all perfect.  When I think back, we spend 11 days in Vancouver and Alaska on our cruise.  Hubby and I had a weekend getaway to see a comedy show.  We spent some time camping and I had a road trip with my daughter.  I've been able to be lazy at home and enjoy some good books.  There are things I wish I would have done and places I would have gone, but I can still do those once school starts (just on the weekends).  All in all, it's been a good vacation.  The surgery and recovery were not what I was expecting, but there are hiccups in life like this all the time.  I'm just trying to roll with the punches! 

I have been in to my classroom this week.  I left it in pretty good shape.  My custodian helped me get my desks where I wanted them and I got rid of a table.  Shocking!  But it didn't fit with what I was doing with my room and it made it too cluttered.  I'd rather the kids be on the floor than standing around at tables (I don't have enough chairs, anyway!)  I have done little things to be ready for school and I can still do more this next week.  I always bring home way more than I get done anyway.  But I should get serious and actually do something that I brought home.  I see all the posts about everyone making cute stuff for their rooms.  I think, "I can do that!  I should do that!  I'll do that!"  And then I sit on the couch, grab my book and then before I know it, it's time to make dinner.  Oops!  Maybe it'll happen!  Maybe.

There are now less than 2 weeks before the kids come.  August 14 is D-Day.  I could have 24 show up.  Or more.  Or less.  Who knows.  Right now I have 24 on my roll, but that can all change.  I have one who was supposed to be placed somewhere else.  My friend has 26 on her list.  I'm glad I didn't get her list...it's going to be an interesting year.  And the others have 21 and 22.  So there isn't any sense of balance there, but who knows what they were thinking.  It'll be an interesting few days coming up!

Until then, I have the weekend to do whatever.  Clean house, work on school stuff, lounge around.  Monday and Tuesday will be devoted to PLC training (I'm not looking forward to that) and then the rest of the week will be spent between my classroom and getting my daughter to and from places.  Then vacation will be in books.  No more lazy days.  No more waking up at 8:30 and getting out of bed at 9.  No more staying up til 11 just because.  It'll be back to teacher time - up at 5 and asleep by 9...or 7:30 those first few weeks!  I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.  It'll be August 11th before we know it! 

Happy TGIF!

1 comment:

  1. 24 students is a lot. I had 26 (at one point 27) a few years ago and it was insane in the room. My room was too small for that many students. Good luck this year!

    -Jeremy @ Mr. Michelbook's Classroom

    ReplyDelete