8.13.2013

Goodbye Summer, Hello Classroom

It's official!  Summer is now over.  We have been back at work for 2 days.  The kids come in the morning.  Ready or not, it's GO time! 

I'm not feeling ready, but I will have to be in less than 12 hours.  I will start the year with 25 kids on my list (as of 30 minutes ago, anyway), which is the most I have had.  Ever!  I'm a little nervous about meeting the needs of so many.  But I will try my best. 

I am doing something different tomorrow for the first time in a very long time.  And I'm excited about it.  I'm trying to embrace the change to the CCSS and try new things.  Do away with the old and bring in the new.  Some things I will still do, but I am really going to try and do new things.  We'll see how it goes. 

Our start time is an hour earlier.  I could cry!  I can't take my daughter to school any more.  And I have to wake up before the sun even comes up.  That is just wrong!  On the bright side, we are out at 1:45.  That's so early!  I can stay at work til 3 and still be home before the sun goes down in January!  I can get used to this!

Here is my room in all it's glory.  It's pretty similar to last year with a couple changes.  Enjoy!
View from the door to the back.  My room is a portable, so it's long and narrow. 

View to the side.  Don't mind the mess on the table.  It's gone for now.  It's been relocated to behind my desk! 

My teacher board.  Boring right now.

Pillars of Character.  I got these from Oriental Trading.  We will really concentrate on these this year. 

My owl ten frames I made.  Too cute!  I'm hoping to get my kids to really understand numbers well! 

My little phonics skills cheat sheets.  I re-typed them onto the bright paper. 

My new banner.  It says "Welcome to First Grade"

Calendar/Poem/Read Aloud/Math Wall area

My neat posters from Target Dollar Spot! 

View from the back to the front.  I hope it's ready!
 
 
Tomorrow will be here before I know it!  I need to go get a couple things done for tomorrow and then it's off to bed!  5 AM will be very early!  Here's to a great school year and a great bunch of kids!  

1 comment:

  1. Happy first day! :)

    I am teaching first grade this year too (for the first time) and I'm scared lol I never realized your room was portable.

    I really like those ten frames. I am making some for my new friends too.

    Raye
    The Caffeinated Teacher

    ReplyDelete