7.03.2013

Where does the time go?

Holy Moses!  It's already July!  I can't believe how fast the summer has flown by.  I told myself I wouldn't start working on school stuff until July 1.  That didn't happen this year.  I have been working on little things here and there, but nothing major.  I just haven't made the time to sit at the computer and work.  It's much nicer sitting on the couch reading or watching TV.  But, crap...I need to get serious!  It'll be August before I know it! 

But, there will be no work for this girl any time soon.  We are leaving tonight to go to the river for the weekend.  It'll be nice and hot, just like it is at home.  But up there, there is a river we can go sit in with all the other people.  We will come home on Sunday (like everyone else) and then my daughter and I are leaving on Monday to go to Arizona for a couple of days.  I promised her I would take her to Bearizona for her birthday.  So we will have a quick little mother-daughter trip.  When we get back, July will be a third of the way over.  NO WAY! 

I've been trying to cram in all the visits that need to be made.  Doctors appointments, dentist appointments.  All scheduled and getting done slowly.  Too bad they don't go along with my schedule.  Sometimes it would be nice to be able to do things on the schedule of medical professionals - you need something from me?  I seem to have an opening in October.  Will that work?  But no, we are not lucky like that.  You need something from me?  Yesterday?  OK, I will have it this afternoon! 

For my weekend of relaxation and sun, I have packed some reading materials.  I have 2 books for enjoyment and 2 books for deeper reading.  I finally found (they weren't lost, but I misplaces them in my house) my Daily 5 book and The Book Whisperer.  I am going to start reading those as well.  I really want to give Daily 5 a go this year, I just need to figure it out.  I even brought along a notebook to take notes and plan some things out.  Now the test will be to see if I even do any of it! 

Well my friends, I am off to finish packing, run to the store and see what else I need for the weekend.  Once hubby gets home from work, we are out of here!  Happy 4th of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment