7.13.2013

Time to get serious!

And I mean really serious!  This summer is flying by and it will be August here before I know it!  I am starting to stress a little due to the fact that I haven't done much and I have 3 more weeks to get it done before I have meetings and other crap that will occupy my last week of vacation.  :( 

But I can't complain.  I have had a great summer so far.  Started off in Alaska on a cruise.  Then we were home for about 2 weeks and then we were gone again.  We went to the river for 4th of July and then my daughter and I took a mommy-daughter road trip to Arizona.  We got back on Thursday afternoon and spent yesterday starting my spring summer cleaning.  Today I would have liked to do more, but hubby needed to go shopping for a new computer, so off we went to San Diego.  That was an all day event that took more time that I would have liked.  And now it's 8:00 at night and I have no desire to do anything! 

My piles are getting larger with school stuff - ideas, supplies and random things I have been printing off of Pinterest.  Between hubby and I, we hit up Staples about 5 times this week to stock up on glue sticks.  We ended up buying other random stuff, too.  I think I am now the proud owner of 120 pencil cap erasers.  But for a penny a pack, you can't pass them up.  Now I just have to use them this year!  I figure we will be going to Staples on a regular basis from now til the end of August.  I need to go to Walmart and get my spiral notebooks, but they will always have those.  I think they went up to 17 cents this year - the things I use all the time always go up year after year.  Too bad our pay doesn't do the same! 

I think my goal for the next 30 minutes is to work on my year plan.  I have it outlined and mostly done, but I need to add in some other touches and get that into the final phase.  Then I can start planning - or at least get my plan book made and start filling in the weeks and dates.  I made my plan book last year like one I saw on Pinterest
I used the Post-Its last year, but I think this year I will just use the paper and the lines I draw.  I bought a bunch of colored pens to use for the different subjects.  We'll see how it goes.  I will take a pic when I actually do mine and see how I like it.  I need to draw my lines and then decide what goes where.  In the end, I may end up with Post-Its again! 

Well, it's been a long week.  Time to get one thing accomplished before it's lazy time! 

1 comment:

  1. My building is closed until August 9th for renovations, and I can't seem to make myself do anything at home. I know in my head that Back-to-School is almost here, and I should be doing things to get ready. But my head is not even close to being in the game. Maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete