7.27.2013

Resuming Normal Life

Well, I think it's almost time to resume normal life.  At least 70% normal.  I'm still in recovery mode, but I can function almost like a human.  I still have some tenderness, soreness and some muscle pain, but it'll go away soon (I hope).  My friend reminded me yesterday, when I was having a little pity party, that I just had surgery and part of my body that's been there for 37 years was removed.  It might take time to feel normal again.  That made me feel a bit better and I stopped the pity party.  But it started again when I woke in pain from trying to roll onto my stomach at 6 am.  What was my subconscious thinking?  I won't do that again for a couple days, that's for sure. 

Hubby sprung me from the house today.  We picked up our daughter at my parents house and then we headed to Carlsbad for some lunch and just to get out and drive.  We then went to the Outlet center down there and that did me in.  My stomach/muscle/spot they ripped out my gallbladder from is sore and was really starting to bother me.  We came home after that.  I felt better after the long ride home and then have been on the couch since then.  It feels a little better, but is still sore.  I go visit the surgeon again on Monday, so he will give me more of a timetable to recovery.  I'll ask, too, when I can start lifting things so I can take stuff to school.  It'll be nice to get it off my floor!

I did get my lesson plan book made.  The weeks are in it, the dates are done and all the things scheduled so far are written in it.  Now I need to put in my lesson plans!  I have so many ideas thanks to Pinterest.  I don't know where to begin!  I am going to spend some time the next week writing out some sketchy plans and then finalizing them as the first day gets closer.  It'll be August 14 before I know it!  And until then, I have a PLC training on the 5th and 6th, a dentist appointment and my daughter's appointments to do before the 12th (teacher work days).  It's going to get crazy now! 

I was laying in bed the other night, not able to sleep, in pain, but thinking about all the stuff I needed to do for school.  It was all I could do to not cry.  I've wanted to do that a lot lately.  Must be the anesthesia!  That stuff does a number on me.  But I figure, I can only do what I can do.  I am thinking that having to have this surgery was my body's way of telling me to rest and relax a bit before things get crazy.  So I will.  I am trying to take things a little at a time, rest when I need to and do what I can. 

So with that, I'm going to go read a book!  Happy Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment