7.17.2013

Foward movement stalled

On Sunday, I felt so productive.  I had typed up all 38 of my weekly poems and printed them out for next year, put them in order in my binder and finished that part of my yearly plan.  I had big plans to get some stuff done on Monday, but life decided to throw me a HUGE curveball. 

At about 1:30 am, I woke up in pain.  But not just any pain, pain that was almost worse than childbirth!  Well, labor anyway.  I laid/walked/stood/crouched in any position possible to try to get comfortable and go to sleep to no avail.  Finally at 4:30 I woke my hubby up and told him I didn't feel well.  By 5:00 we were up and getting my daughter up and out of the house to go to the hospital.  By 5:20 we were checked in to the ER at the hospital. 

Unknown to me, my gallbladder decided to revolt against me.  Some lovely pain medication later and I was feeling no pain.  An ultrasound revealed that I had gallstones and they were angry.  We were discharged by 9am and then I came home to crash.  I slept all day on Monday and a good chunk of the day on Tuesday.  I don't handle medication well, so it kicks my butt!  I had big plans and haven't been able to get anything done.  Today I spent the day deep cleaning my bedroom and bathroom, seeing as how that will probably be my home for the next week or so coming up.  Looks like I will get to have surgery before I go back to work.  Just how I wanted to spend my last 3 weeks of vacation.  I will see the surgeon tomorrow and then go from there.  One doctor I called could do it Aug. 9, but I am supposed to be at work Aug. 12.  Um, not gonna work!  And, I'd like to get it done while my parents are still in the country.  The leave on Aug. 8 to go visit my sister in Japan.  I'm counting on them to watch my daughter for a couple days so I can heal and not have to be mommy. 

Looking back, I have been having some smallish attacks, but didn't want to admit anything was wrong.  I wanted to chalk it up to anything else but needing surgery.  But I need to put my big girl panties on and just do it.  Everyone says I will feel better and I definitely don't want another attack.  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  It was horrible!  Until I get it taken care of, I am on a diet - a BLAND diet.  No cheese, very limited dairy (like cereal only) and nothing fried.  So now, of course, all I want is a grilled cheese and broccoli cheese soup from Panera.  Hubby says that ain't gonna happen until I get my gallbladder taken out! 

I will see tomorrow what the doctor says.  I went to Lakeshore today and bought what I needed for school.  I also ran to Wal-Mart and got a couple other things I thought I would need.  I'm hoping that if I am down and out for a bit, I won't have to bust my butt to play catch up.  I figure a couple days in bed, then I can be up and working in the office on the computer getting some stuff done.  My fear is that they will schedule it too close to going back to school.  I've missed the first day once and it's no fun.  I don't want to miss another first day.  Hubby says he gets to have a say in this, but I'm not so sure!  :) 

Guess I shouldn't worry until I know more tomorrow, but if you knew me, you know that won't happen!  I didn't get the nickname "WorryWart" for nothing!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment