6.26.2013

Short classroom visit

Today I went in to my classroom to do a little bit of work.  I did nothing.  My friend was there and we started off just chatting.  And then another 1st grade teacher came and we all were talking and trying to figure out schedules and stuff for next year.  I sent off a couple of e-mails and that was the extent of my day at school.  I did bring a couple things home that need to be worked on (I don't know if "need" is the right word, but...), but other than that, I did nothing.  And I'm OK with that.  My room is the same was as it was when I left.  Nothing has been cleaned up.  Nothing has been touched.  So it's not like I can do anything anyway.  I figure I will go back at the end of July or beginning of August and start putting it together.  If I get my work done that I brought home, I can take it in and put it away and get something new to bring home.  I doubt I'll get that far.  My motivation is fleeting right now! 

The only reason I was able to go in is because my daughter is taking an art class this week.  She seems to be enjoying it and wants to sign up for another one.  I will take that!  Some time for myself is always nice.  I should be getting more done than I am, but oh well.  It's summer...I need this time to relax and rest. 

Speaking of summer, here's our forecast for the rest of the week:

Thursday: Sunny. Hot. Light wind becoming south to 10 mph, high of about 104°F.
Thursday night: Clear, low near 67°F.
Friday: Sunny. Hot, high around 104°F.
Friday night: Mostly clear, low of about 70°F.
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Hot, high near 106°F.
Saturday night: Mostly clear, low around 71°F.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Hot, high of about 104°F.
Sunday night: Mostly clear, low near 70°F.
Monday: Mostly sunny. Hot, high around 99°F.
Monday night: Mostly clear, low of about 69°F.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Hot, high near 101°F.
 
Lovely, right?  I know it's summer, but we don't normally get this hot til middle of July or August.  One year it was so mild we didn't 100+ til August.  I guess we will be hermits and stay inside next week as much as we can.  I love summer, but the hot heat makes me want to be lazy, lazy, lazy! 
 
Well, I'm off to see what I can get accomplished while my daughter practices her drums.  Good times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment