1.06.2013

Sunday fun and a Freebie!

Happy Sunday!  It is a happy Sunday for me since I still have another week of vacation left to go!  As strange as it is, we don't go back til the 14th!  A whole week off still with no one at home!  I can't wait.  I have big plans to get stuff done.  Let's see how much I really get done during the week! 

Today we went to Legoland for a bit this morning.  It was not crowded at all, and was very nice.  I haven't been there in a long time with it not being crowded.  We spent a couple hours there, went on all the rides we normally go on and then left by 1.  It was pretty chilly (for us, anyway.  It's 49 here and I am freezing today!), but sunny.  Now it's not so sunny and threatening to rain again.  But, I have the heater on and all is right with the world.  After Legoland, we headed to our favorite pizza place in Carlsbad and had a yummy lunch.  I totally blew my points for the day, but it was so worth it!  We then had to run by Fry's Electronics so hubby could look at something and I walked out with the newish Train CD.  Love it!  I'm on my 3rd listening of it right now as I type! 

I have started to think about school a little itty bit.  Like always, there are a million things I want to do, but in reality, there will be very few "fun things" I will be able to do.  It's going to be crunch time when we get back as we have 3 weeks before the next benchmark test.  Gotta get them ready to bubble and bubble (ain't that sad?).  Hopefully we can have a lot of fun and a lot of learning at the same time! 

I have made a quick little unit for use at centers.  There are 3 centers for Language Arts - sentence scrambles, contraction match up and long a/short a sort.  You can find it at my TpT store for only $2!  Super cheap!  I think my kids will dig the little fishing penguins when we go back and have a little fun learning about penguins!  Also, I have my Penguin Problem Solving journal questions there, too!  There are 6 questions for only $1.50!  The first person to leave me a comment will get both the language arts centers and the math problem solving for free!  Just leave me your email in the comments and I will send it to you shortly! 

Well, it's time to go get my daughter ready for school tomorrow.  I'm sad she's going back, but so happy to have some time to myself.  To those of you going back tomorrow, I hope you have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to use this this week! Dara cookdara@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cubscout has always wanted to go to Legoland. I think he would go regardless of the temperature. I envy that you get a whole week without anyone at home. That's one of the drawbacks to being in the same district as my monkeys.

    ReplyDelete