1.13.2013

Sunday Blues and a Freebie!

Well, the time has come to go back to work.  I'm excited to go back and see my kids, get back into the routine of teaching and have a little fun with them.  But I'm not quite ready for vacation to end.  And I know I sound snotty saying it, but I have enjoyed my time off.  And to make matters worse, I feel like poo today.  I went to bed with a headache last night and I still have it today.  I have ZERO energy and could easily take a nap and crash, which I might do in a bit!  :) 

For the most part, I am excited to go back to work tomorrow.  I'm anxious to get back into learning and am hoping my kids are ready to work hard.  We have a lot of ground to cover in the next few weeks, along with a lot of fun activities that I would like to do.  Work comes first, but I would still like to give them a little more fun that we have been getting.  We will ease back into school this week with some penguin learning, which will be fun.  I also have a fun art project we will do on Friday morning to tie in our sight word of HOUSE with winter.  I found it on Pinterest, did it with my daughter the other day and can't wait for Friday to do it with my kids.  I hope they like it as much as I do!  I will hopefully post picks next weekend!  :)  My goal is to take more pics of what we do at school now.  I have an idea in my head for Open House, so I need to make sure I am prepared! 

During our RTI time, I have the higher kids.  I have about 14 kids during this time.  They aren't as high as in years past, but they can hold their own.  They don't need to basics of reading, but they need to comprehension and the other little skills in grammar.  I have been pondering what to do with them when we get back, as they are an interesting group and I need to give them things they can do while also giving them something that is slightly challenging for all without being too hard for others.  (My group is very diverse, where some of the kids are too high for the other groups, but not necessarily high.  Make sense?).  Well, I sat down today in all my yuckiness and put together this little unit we will do this week.  It will cover reading comprehension, nouns/verbs/adjectives, compound words and story sequence with a little project on Friday.  If you'd like to check it out, click on the little snowman below for your copy! 
 
Well, I have some laminating and some organizing to do before tomorrow.  It's now or never and I need to get started so I can be finished and take a nap!  I hear my pillow calling my name!  Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen,

    I teach in California too, but I'm in central California- Cambria to be exact. Anyway, thanks for posting this. I work with the "high" kids too during RTI and I always use little readers that are their level. This activity would be a fun break from those and it will be interesting to see how their comprehension is.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete