1.03.2013

And I'm back!!!

Well hello there anyone who may happen to read this!  I was on an extended blogging hiatus for no real reason, other than I was bored with blogging and I didn't have much to share.  I didn't feel excited to blog about what was going on in my school life, so I didn't.  Not sure if anyone noticed, but that's cool. 

It's been one month since I had blogged.  A lot has happened in that time.  We survived the Christmas season at school and no one lost their minds.  I did have a lot of kids out the week before vacation for illnesses - one day I had 6 kids gone.  They were all back by the 20th, of course!  We had to teach until December 20.  The 21st was a furlough day turned teacher work day, but I don't know anyone who went to work that day!  I stayed home, cleaned a bit and picked my daughter up from school.  We enjoyed Christmas at home with our families and then headed up north for a little mini vacation to Monterey.  We were home by Saturday (after driving thru snow and wind in So Cal!) and enjoyed the New Year's Eve at home.  Hubby was busy doing work (he took a week off, but had court every other day this week, poor guy), my daughter was busy playing in her room and I sat on the couch and did a puzzle while watching Ryan Seacrest and the New Year's Eve show.  We know how to party, don't we?  My daughter crashed on the couch by 10:30 and we stayed up til 12:10.  Then it was lights out!  I woke up at 8am, watched the Rose Parade (making sure my nerd status stays good!) and then we had friends over for lunch on New Year's Day.  All in all, it's been a pretty low key month. 

But now it's January.  I have a renewed sense of wanting to get stuff done.  I spent yesterday cleaning out the fridge and the pantry.  Fun times, right?  But they are cleaner than they have been in a long time.  Today I am tackling the office.  It was a big pile of crap.  There are still piles, but I got sidetracked with turning my computer on!  And I got bored.  I was doing good and making progress til I stopped to eat lunch.  It's been downhill since then!  Oh well!  I still have another week!

Yep, another whole week left of vacation.  I am very thankful for 3 weeks off.  I still have a lot I want to do for me, my home and for school.  Next week will be a good time to get stuff done.  My hubby will be at work all week and my daughter goes back to school on Monday.  So I will have 5 days to myself to get stuff done.  I may actually get up early to get the day of peace and quiet started early!  :) 

I tried not to set resolutions this year, but things that I want to do better.  We'll see how they go.  I should have put blogging on the list, but I didn't.  If I don't have the time, then I won't do it.  I need to be off the computer more, so a lot of things may go.  Who knows.  One day at a time is all I can do and there are only so many hours in the day to get things done!  With that being said, I should get going on get back to cleaning the office, or at least moving the piles to a central location! 

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment