10.28.2012

When is vacation?

I don't think I have ever had a year as weird as this year is.  The year isn't really weird, it's more how I have felt this year about things.  I need something to change because I don't like the way I feel.  I keep trying to change how I feel and how I see things, but then it seems like things get worse!  Nooooo! 

This is the last week of the grading period.  Have I finished my testing?  Nope.  Started, but barely.  I have a lot to do, and just 4 "real" days to do it in.  I don't know how much I will get done on Wednesday with is being Halloween.  I will try, but you never know!  I feel very overwhelmed and I don't like this feeling.  I tried to change some plans, make it easier for me, but it ended up being more complicated.  So, back to the original plan.  I will get it done, it will all be OK. 

We haven't done much for Halloween in class.  We've read some pumpkin books, but no Halloween stories.  We've done a couple pumpkin things, but that's it.  I feel bad.  I'm not a big fan of Halloween (in fact, my daughter doesn't go trick or treating unless we are at Legoland) and I don't focus on it very much.  I have 3 days to get it all in, let the kids have some fun and then  it's on to something else come Thursday.  We are doing a scarecrow poem this week and scarecrow stories so we can do our scarecrow project on Friday.  Check out what it can look like here.  It's an all day project, but I really like it.  Did I plan for it to last all day?  Nope, but that's how my year is going!  :)  Oh well, what can you do?

Like everything else, I am overwhelmed.  So, this will be all for today!  For those of you in the path of the monster storm, I wish you well!  For those of you in So Cal, I wish we had fall!  I'm tired of this hot weather - 93* at the end of October is kinda crappy!  Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone feels overwhelmed this time of year. Trying to do some final assessments for report cards can be challenging, especially if you have a big class. I give my kids some simple, independent projects to do while I am testing. I'm sure you will get everything done.
    Connie Anderson:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My year has SUCKED thus far. The genius leadership team decided they wanted to entire school to team together and share kids. K/1, 2/3, and 4/5 teams. One teacher is the Math teacher the other is the Reading teacher. Then, we are supposed to magically incorporate science, social, studies, and writing into our schedules. In a word, it has been a NIGHTMARE. I feel like I can't get anything done.
    On top of that, My teammate and I have ALL of the ESE Inclusion kids. We were promised a full time teacher and aid to float between our classes every day. Did we get that? No. We were promised no more than a 1/3 of the class would be ESE Inclusion kids. Did we get that? No. 1/2 of our classes are ESE.
    I can only stretch so far. It is so absurd. I want to jump out into oncoming traffic.
    I feel your pain. Thank you for sharing it online. I know people in my district that read my blog, so I have to keep it upbeat since I live in a small town/good ole boy area. It's a pain in the butt!
    Good vibes are sent your way,
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete