10.21.2012

Same old, same old

Well, another 2 weeks have come and gone.  And I haven't posted.  And nothing has really changed.  We are still busy learning and trying to cram it all in before testing for report cards.  There isn't enough time in the day or days in the week and weeks in the month to get it all done.  I need time to slow down for a bit, just so we can catch up! 

I haven't taken my camera to school in weeks.  We've been doing art and work, but no pictures.  Sorry.  We spent the last week and a half reading the bear books by Karma Wilson. 
I absolutely adore these books.  And, as I was googling the image, I saw there is a new book that I don't have.  I know what to be on the lookout for now!  Anyway, we spent the time in the morning reading the books and then discussing what the season was in each book, how we knew, etc.  We then had to summarize the book and we wrote it down on a chart.  And when I say we, I mean me.  My kids told me what to write and I cleaned it up and wrote it.  So we had a nice little chart with all the seasons.  They loved the stories, too.  In fact on Friday, we drew the bear from this story.  My doesn't look totally like him, but it was OK.  The kids did a great job.  I forgot to get them from the library before school got out, so I don't have them cut out and ready to hang up.  That will be my job tomorrow after school.  I can't wait to have them up and show them off! 

We haven't tackled fall/pumpkins/spiders/etc like I wanted to.  In fact, we haven't done much.  We have been reading some pumpkin books, but we haven't learned about pumpkins.  So my goal this week is to get 2 things done with pumpkins.  Not a lot, I know, but I can only do so much.  We were busy preparing for our benchmark test, so I was busy with that instead of having fun!  :)  Or, at least it would look like fun rather than teaching from the text. 

We are still dealing with the issue in the grade level.  We didn't meet this last week nor will we meet this coming week, so nothing will be accomplished.  We will meet on the 30th, and hopefully that will be the last time.  We have too much to do to be busy trying to make someone feel all warm and fuzzy.  Get over it, move on and be a team player darn it!  If not, go somewhere else and leave us be!  OK, that will be the extent of my rambling tonight!  ;)

Well, I need to plan for the week.  I have been in a creative funk, so there isn't anything new coming out of my brain.  And I don't like it.  We haven't had a day off since Labor Day, we don't get half days for conferences and our next day off is Veteran's Day weekend.  Then we work for 4 days and then have the week off for Thanksgiving.  I am working for that!  But, I have better get something done before the motivation leaves!  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment