10.22.2012

A Good Monday

You know how sometimes Mondays aren't the best?  Well, today wasn't one of those days!  It was a good day when I really think about it.  Yeah, I have duty, but it's after school.  My kids weren't perfect, but close enough.  I didn't get everything done, but that happens.  It was just a good day! 

And to make it better (thank goodness it wasn't worse!)...we are almost to the end of the term.  I am trying like a mad woman to get my testing done without interrupting teaching time.  I don't know if it will work, but dang it, I'm gonna try!  Anyway, I had about 10 minutes this afternoon while my kids were working on a project (note to self - recopy the paper and start again fresh...they bombed it!).  So, I called one of my kids over to do the sight word test.  We do the sight words every day, twice a day.  I just hope something sticks sometimes, ya know?  Well, one of my little guys who works really hard, doesn't get a lot of help at home and is really quiet - he got 77 words out of 100!  That's pretty good considering he knew 12 when we started!  They are supposed to know at least 150 by the end of 1st grade, so he's half way there!  Made me smile!  And the words he knew, he really knew.  He didn't have to sound them out!  Ah, the little things that make me smile! 

That and a good dinner from Panera.  Hubby has been out of town since Saturday, so it's me and my girl on our own.  I had to run to Dollar Tree to pick up some things for Girl Scouts tomorrow night, so we made a night of it.  A tasty dinner and some shopping.  Then home to get ready for tomorrow and wait for hubby to get home!  3 days is too much for this girl! 

Well, time to cuddle on the couch with my baby and wait for daddy to get home.  A little Big Bang Theory on the DVR to end the night.  Here's hoping for a good day again tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. We had a good Monday too. Like yours, not perfect, but some good things did happen. Hope you enjoy your Big Bang Theory! Have a great evening.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete