8.01.2012

Slowly coming together

Well, it's time for the inevitable.  Time to start thinking about going back to work.  I have left myself in quite a pickle with the amount of stuff I want to get done.  And I don't know if there is time to get it all done in all honesty.  I enjoyed my time off and didn't want to think about school.  And when I did, I did something and got it out of my system!  Now I am paying the price for it!

I've gone to school the last 2 days (Tuesday and Wednesday) and I will go again tomorrow.  I am feeling much better about my room, as I have changed a lot of things on the wall.  I have a ways to go, but it should be pretty quick once I get to it.  The hard part is done for the most part, now it's the little things that I want to do that won't really matter if they get done or not.  I took some pics today to show the progress of the room and the area that I worked on today.  Mind you, I was having printer issues left and right, so it's amazing I got done and didn't go nuts!


Labels for the "fun" stuff.  I have had them in the past, but I am changing up the color scheme to go with more neon colors.  80's anyone?


This will be either my focus wall or my comprehension wall or my author study wall.  I haven't figured it out yet!  I am leaning towards author study, so we will see!  :)  


Word Wall...it was too much work to take down the yellow paper, and it helped brighten the room!  I had half yellow half black, but then all are black except this one and another small one that I forgot!  I did put up new boarder...owls - SURPRISE!  


My calendar/poem/math board area.  It's where we sit for a good portion of the morning and afternoon.  


My calendar part - Printed and laminated - use a dry erase marker and it saves time and paper!  This is why I went with black...it can make a mess and no one sees it!  :)


My math board - lots of stuff we will do *most* days!  


My new wall for my rules.  We will focus on the main 3, but write out what each one looks like on color coordinating sentence strips!  


My clip chart...same as last year


My writing wall...I love this so much!  I have done it for 6 years now.  I put up their writing each Friday and keep it up all year.  For Open House, I put it together to show the parents how far their writing came.  It's a good reminder for me, too, for those kids who aren't quite where they  need to be.  


And, the view as I was leaving.  There is still a lot to be done, but it's getting there.  I have tomorrow to go in, and then I won't be back til Wednesday n ext week.  My baby starts 1st grade on Wednesday, so I want to spend Monday and Tuesday with her.  

In the meantime, I have a million things to do or that I want to get done.  At least the Olympics are there to keep me company!  Happy Wednesday!  

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks great!!! I can't come up to my room until Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete