7.17.2012

P is for Panic!

Yes, panic is the word for the day!  I realized that in 4 weeks, I will have 24 or more little faces staring at me wondering what we are going to do!  Can you say panic?  And worry?  And fret?  I have some things done, but I don't feel like I have much done.  I just need to sit down and get things done and then I will feel better.  Or at least that's the plan!

I sat down this evening and went over my parent handout for back to school night.  Mine is lengthy, and it will stay that way.  I try to put everything in it that parents will need, and then wonder why since over half the parents speak Spanish and have no idea what I am saying.  But, it's there in English for their reading pleasure.  I thought of translating it into Spanish, but I don't know.  I'll think about that one!

I have my yearly plan typed up and ready to go.  I changed it up from last year.  I made it to go along with each trimester (I think we are still on trimesters...they keep talking about changing it, but I don't know what we are doing!) and added in for our special days.  You can see it here for an idea!   My year is more or less planned out, and the language arts and math aren't any different, so it's basically more of the same with very little changing.  We do need to follow the common core - I think - but no one has said anything.  We have a training after school starts to go over it, so that should be fun.  A sub on the third week of school - AWESOME!  Just what everyone wants.  Sub plans for the new kids.  Anyway, I have my year planned out and now just need to get working on the little details like the daily plans.

For my plan book, I think I am going to do it with post it notes.  I saw it on Pinterest and thought that it looked like an easier way to do it.  I played with it before school got out, but I haven't gotten any further than that.  I figured I could have 3 sections a day - ALL of language arts, math and science OR social studies since we can't do both at the same time.  I will start on that soon and see how it works for me.

I have also begun the task of buying what I need for my kiddos.  I went to Walmart and got all my spiral notebooks for my math journals and my nightly writing homework.  I picked up my folders for my poem books, but have now decided I need to do a math folder as well, so I will need to go back to Walmart and get some more folders.  Shh...don't tell hubby!  I am debating about trying to head to Toys R Us for crayons.  They are 25 cents this week.  I have enough crayons, but I worry about running out.  Maybe I will go get half a class worth and go from there.  I am thinking of going to school one day next week to drop some things off and maybe get some work done.  But then I also want to put off the inevitable for another week.  Or 2 or 3.

This week is pretty much booked.  I am taking my daughter to SD tomorrow for a hearing test, so that will kill the day.  It's over an hour away there, which means over an hour home, with traffic probably.  But, we can get her uniforms for school while we are there and take our time being out.  Good times!

Well, it's getting late and I have to be up fairly early so I can hit the treadmill before I have to get ready to trek to San Diego!  And, my weekend has caught up to me - a quick day trip to Santa Barbara (it's like 4 hours away one way) and then a 5K on Sunday afternoon has kicked my butt!  Happy Tuesday night all...or for some I guess it's Happy early Wednesday morning!

1 comment: