7.12.2012

Complete lack of motivation

That sums up my life lately.  I am not motivated to do anything.  Nothing.  Nada.  There has been no desire to do much, except try to stay cool.  It's been 108*, 109* the last couple of days, and it has worn me out.  Today is muggy - we don't get this very often in So Cal, but when we do, it kinda sucks.  Like sucks the life right out of you.  I was outside this morning for a bit and came in feeling like I just stepped out of the shower.  Gross.  I don't know how others handle it.  I can handle 100 degrees, but not humid and icky.  If it would rain, I would be a bit happier, but it's just sprinkled, and even that wasn't enough to do any good.

I have piles.  Piles of things I have printed off that need to be organized.  Piles of math journals I have made that need to be organized.  Piles of stuff to go through and figure out if I am keeping them or tossing them.  And here they sit.  In the office, on my desk, on my floor and on the bookcase.  Sitting and staring at me, telling to do something with them.  I tried the other day, but I moved the piles from one place to another.  And then they sat there til I moved them again back to the office.  I tell you, the closer it gets to the end of summer, the less motivated I am to do anything.  It should be the other way around, right?

The last 2 days, we have been hermits.  We stay inside, and go nowhere.  It's too hot!  My daughter and I have been working on jigsaw puzzles I bought at Dollar Tree.  They are 500 tiny pieces.  We finished the first one in a day, but there were distinct colors and patterns.  We started a new one yesterday, but it was really hard - almost all the same color!  I put that one away and started another one.  That will give us a run for our money!  Another hard puzzle, but I will attempt to finish it by tomorrow.  We'll see how that goes.

I have also spent some time reading.  I just finished reading Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand.
I like all her books, and have read them all.  She writes about one a year and they come out in summer for the most part.  They have all taken place on Nantucket.  I've never been there, but I want to after reading her books.  I need to start another book, but I don't know which one to read.  I finished reading one by Mary Kay Andrews and enjoyed it, and I have a couple more by her in my cabinet o'books that I could read.  I have 4 more weeks to get all my summer reading done, and I have barely made a dent this year.  I tell ya, completely unmotivated to do anything!

Well, I should try to do something!  Maybe something will get done today.  Maybe!  Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! I can't get motivated to do a thing!
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete