6.24.2012

If time could just slow down...

Wow!  Time sure does fly when you are having fun.  Or wishing summer lasted forever.  Or not wanting your baby to grow up!  I think I have all these feelings right now!  It's been a busy week and the end of the 4th week of vacation.  Crazy how it is going by in the blink of an eye.

This last week was quite productive.  I went to school 3 days.  3 DAYS!  That's insane and it won't happen again til August.  I went on Monday to see how things looked in my room.  The floors were clean, so that was good.  I worked for 45 minutes, got some things put away and then left.  I felt productive, but I didn't over stay my welcome!  I went again on Wednesday and Thursday.  Wednesday I was there for about 4 hours and Thursday I was there for about 3 hours.  I got a lot done, but kinda made more of a mess.  Oops...I will get to that in August as well.  My walls are pretty much done, as long as I don't change the yellow walls.  

This is an old wall/new wall.  My word wall is the yellow wall, as it was last year.  The black wall is my calendar wall.  I took down the yellow and put up black.  I will add up my write on/wipe off parts once I get them made.  I put the black up to hide the mess from the dry erase markers for the write on walls.  The black looks so much cleaner, don't you think?  Should I leave the word wall yellow or make it black, too?


This wall used to go the other way and it was also yellow, as were all the walls in my room.  I really am digging the black.  This will be the student work display wall for their art.  The little wall will be for the standards and whatever else we are to have up at all times.

This is the same as last year.  This is my nothing wall.  There was never anything on the wall.  It's a weird space.  What do I use it for?  I will probably take it down and put up black paper, but I don't know what to put up there.  Any suggestions?  We have to keep it fire marshall friendly, too.

My other back wall that I use to display work is black as well.  I changed it right before Open House and that's when I decided to go with black.  Some say it's too dark, others say it's OK.  I am also going to be buying the new owl bulletin board set by TREND once Lakeshore has their sale starting on July 5th.  I can't wait.  The owls are bright and cheerful and kinda funky!  It will liven up my room a lot, I think!  

Tomorrow, Monday, is my baby girl's birthday.  She will be 6!  I can't believe she will be that old!  We celebrated today with family and tomorrow she and I will go to Legoland and then to the beach from some mommy-daughter time.  We went bowling today, went to the movies on Friday night and then she went to the movies last night with her grandparents.  All in all, she has had a great birthday weekend!  And, her crazy parents (that would be me!) decided that she needed and iPod for her birthday.  She loves to play on our iPads, so I figured this would be her technology to start with.  You're never too young to start, I guess!  

My goals for this week are to enjoy my summer break a little more while getting some things accomplished.  I need to deep clean my laundry room (never fun), make up a math mini unit, try and finish the book I started the other day and get all packed for camping.  Thursday will be here very quickly and we need to be ready to skip town for the weekend!  

Here's to a great day celebrating my baby's birthday and a great week (or 3 days) getting everything else ready!  Happy Sunday!  



1 comment:

  1. Your room looks great! I am sure my room is still quite scary!

    They do grow up too quickly! I get all teary when I hear Darius' Rucker's song "It Won't Be Like This for Long".

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am happy to be your newest follower. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete