5.30.2012

On vacation!

Wow!  Where does the time go?  I posted 2 1/2 weeks ago, wanted to post before, but there wasn't any time.  And I didn't make time.  I was busy being mommy, teacher, custodian, designer, etc.  Now I am officially done with school! 

Friday the 25th was our last day with kids.  I had taken the 24th off for my daughter's kinder graduation and was so glad I did.  It was nice to be mommy that day.  Her ceremony was very nice.  Her class sang 2 songs - You're a Grand Old Flag and Zippity Doo Dah.  Too cute!  There were 4 classes at her school - 2 classes that are full time, 5 days a week, 1 class that is half time and one class that is all home schooled.  Kinda weird, but whatever works for them!  A lot of the half timers want to be full timers, but there isn't room.  For now, they are capping it at 50 kids full time.  Her class was the first one - all the other kinder classes had 25. 

Anyway, the last day of school came and went fast.  It was cold and drizzly here, considering Monday was 100* and Friday was 60*.  The kids did some "work" in the morning, then we watched A Bug's Life for the rest of the day and ate snacks.  At 1:56 they left!  And that was that.  I stayed for a bit, getting some things ready for next year, but nothing major.  I need to go in in the next couple weeks to finish cleaning, but other than that, it can wait til August. 

Yesterday was our last day of work.  We were supposed to be there, but not all the teachers were.  I had a leadership meeting, so there went 3 hours from my day.  We were calendaring for next year, which is good, but 3 hours?  I then had my evaluation meeting with my principal.  I got a glowing evaluation.  Makes me feel good, but I always wonder if it's true.  Does that sound weird?  I am a pessimist by nature, so I always think that things could be better.  But, I got evaluated and don't have to do that again for 5 more years!  By then, I will more than likely have a new principal, so who knows what will happen then!  :) 

Today I had to run some errands, do some blood work and do some shopping.  Now it's cleaning time.  Fun!  We are leaving on Saturday for our week in Orlando.  I can't wait for a  nice vacation with my little family, seeing some new things for us and just not being at home.  I have a million and one things to do at home, but getting away sounds nice. 

Well, I guess the house won't clean itself.  It would be fabulous if it did.  I am hoping to blog more, but then again, I might enjoy my summer without thinking of school.  Until July anyway!   Maybe I will post as I think of fun, new things to do next year with even more kids than this year!  Yikes!  Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Summer Vacation to you, as well! Enjoy your time off :)

    ReplyDelete