4.01.2012

Nothing like a vacation

Wow!  I had the best intentions to post over spring break, but then I took a break from all things school.  It was wonderful.  It was fabulous.  It was too short!  But, thinking now, there are only 40 more days of school.  40 days to impart all the knowledge my kids need to be able to go on to 2nd grade.  40 days to do all the fun stuff I have wanted to do but don't have time to do it in!  YIKES! 

I did not do one school thing on vacation.  I brought home stuff to do (a lot of stuff that's still sitting there in the bag that now has a layer of dust on it) and I didn't do it.  I have lesson plans to write that are now done, but not fabulous.  It's OK - no one sees them but me.  Which I am ever so thankful for!  I need to be making some games for my kids for the week, but I haven't got up the desire.  I figure blogging might help me (or not!). 

I really don't have anything educationally wonderful to talk about today.  My daughter's school had Open House on Thursday (I was off for spring break, she wasn't...bummer).  We went and oohed and aahed at her classroom.  There were a ton of people there.  She's at a charter school and all the parents are there all the time.  I wish my kids' parents were that involved.  Anyway, I was talking with her teacher and she was talking about lesson plans.  They have to have their lesson plans emailed to the principal by Sunday night.  WHAT?  That is crazy!  Mine has never even looked at mine, much less demanded they were done within a certain time.  I have weeks that the plans are blank.  Not great for my teaching, but I have been doing this long enough that I know what I am doing.  Oh, and to top it off, she said that if an admin walks in, they are to be doing what's on the plan.  Um, I try, but there are days when we are having fun learning something and it takes us over!  I will take my half done lesson plans any day! 

We walked to the first grade room to check it out.  Wow!  I was surprised when I walked in there.  EVERYTHING for the most part was from The Inspired Apple.  There were 5 different things I recognized from reading the blog.  I try not to make my whole room from a blog, but this was over the top.  It was like she took Abby's room and tried to import it. 

I spent a lot of time this week relaxing.  I bought my first book on my iPad.  I have tried to stand strong in NOT buying books for my iPad, but I gave in the week.  I bought the book Fifty Shades of Grey.  I hadn't heard much about it, other than it was a pretty popular book.  I bought it Wednesday night at 5pm and was done by Thursday at 1pm.  Good story, but if you blush easily, then it's not for you!  It's not my typical story either, as I am more of a Danielle Steel/Kristin Hannah kind of girl.  But, dang, that story was hardcore.  But, it's a cliffhanger, so I had to buy the next one.  Not as quick of a read, but still good.  I like the story a bit better than the first, but I am not done with it yet.  Life is getting back to reality, so I have things to do now! 

I am looking forward to the end of the year.  I am ready to spend some time at home with my daughter when we are both out of school.  We will be going to Florida for the first time at our time share.  hubby and I have been to Florida for a day and went to Epcot, but this time we will be there for a week and visit 3 parks and get out of Dodge for a bit.  Then it will be back to reality for hubs while my daughter and I have the whole summer to ourselves - Legoland, the beach, the animal park, arts and crafts and of course the summer reading programs for the library.  Good times ahead! 

Well, I need to dig deep and find my motivation for getting work done.  I have a wonderful massage appointment scheduled at 3, so I need to get something done before then.  Happy April and here's to a great week back to work! 

1 comment: