3.11.2012

Counting down...

I don't know about you, but I am counting down!  First I am counting down to Spring Break.  I have 2 more weeks of school, then a week off.  I am ready for the week already, but there are 10 more days in the way!  And, it won't really be a big break - I still have to get up to take my daughter to school.  She has break the week after me!  Just my luck!  I haven't had time off yet where I could sleep in and enjoy.  Maybe that is summer...the next thing I am counting down til.  There are 11 weeks TOTAL til summer vacation!  I will be doing the happy dance on May 25! 

But, until vacation, I have work.  I don't mind going, but I am worn out lately.  Plain tired.  And it didn't help that last night was the time change and I went to bed later than I wanted to and didn't sleep well.  I would love to take a nap, but then there would be no sleep tonight.  So I will just mope around today, get things ready for the week and maybe, just maybe clean the kitchen really well.  It needs it...good thing no one comes over to visit and eat! 

This week, we are working on plurals (again).  I made up a little game to help my kids try and see the difference between singular and plural nouns.  Some are regular and some are irregular.  You can download it here for free.  All I ask is for a little thanks!

This last week, we were reviewing what we learned about birds.  I never realized it before, I but I really like teaching about birds.  It's something the kids like and can relate to and they all know what a bird is.  We wrote about them on Monday and Tuesday, did our neat copies on Wednesday and then worked on my new favorite project on Thursday.  I found it at Painted Paper, my new favorite art blog.  I had my kids paint the paper on Wednesday and then we cut and glued on Thursday.  We also made little birdhouses to go with them.  TOO CUTE! 







They are hanging in the office to help welcome spring.  I think they are just the cutest things ever.  Now I have to find something cute to make for mammals.  Hmmmm....any ideas?  I already have reptiles, fish, amphibians and insects covered, but not mammals. 

In our RTI group, we were discussing Olivia this last week.  We read OIivia, discussed why it is a "fantasy" story and not real and then we looked at the art that was in there by Pollack.  On Wednesday,we got our crazy on and painted our own Pollack-inspired pieces.  The kids had a blast.  I wanted to use tempra paint outside, but we had some crazy wind and it was ice cold, so we were stuck inside with watercolors.  Still cute though!  On Friday, the kids even named their works! 







 These are now hanging in the library for all to see!  Some of the kids who are not my own were not too excited to have it hung up.  My kids love it...we've put up several things over the year and they love seeing when we go! 

We also did a pig to go with the story, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, but these other projects are cuter! 

Well, time for me to get my butt in gear.  I have to help my daughter with her project for school.  Luckily it's just gluing things on to a rainbow.  I said NO!! to the Leprechaun Trap.  In fact, I gave my students the same project as my daughter - decorate a rainbow with things - don't just color it!  Happy Sunday!  I hope everyone has a great week.  We are supposed to be cold and cloudy all week...not the weather to help bring on Spring Fever, but whatever!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You could always drop off your daughter and then go home and take a nap! :)

    ReplyDelete