CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.29.2012

Busy week...in review

Well, here it is Sunday again and I didn't post once during the week.  I have too much going on, and something had to give, so it might as well be blogging. 

It was an incredibly busy and exhausting week, starting with Monday.  Monday was a rainy, cold day for us.  My kids were all hyped up with it being Chinese New Year.  Mind you, they wouldn't have known it was Chinese New Year if I hadn't told them, but since we were doing stuff that day for it, they knew.  I had never done anything for it before.  And now I will plan it every year!  It was a lot of fun.  And very tiring.  And it lasted all week long.  Ugh!  Here are some pics from Monday, as it was the only day I took my camera! 
 Cherry blossoms...not sure if this is really with Chinese New Year, but it looks cute up (note to self: don't put it on the yellow background!)

 Chinese lanterns...these were up all week...the kids loved making them.

 Eating Ramen noodles with chopsticks...the kids loved this!  So cute!  They all got a fortune cookie when they were done.  They went around reading their fortunes, giggling and thinking they were all silly. 

Our dragon masks.  The kids got to color them and cut them out and then those that were lucky (who had time) got the string on them and could wear them home. 
We also did a writing about having a pet dragon.  They turned out so good, but I have no pictures and we aren't done yet!  I am a bit behind with the gobzillion things we are trying to get done!  And they made little fish kites, too! 

Tomorrow is the 100th day of school.  It's all downhill from here on out.  Crazy!  We will spend the morning doing our "regular" routine before going all 100th day crazy after recess.  We will do a 3 way rotation between recess and lunch and then they are all mine after that.  We will do some writing, some fun math projects and just make it a fun day.  The kids are to bring in a project with 100 things on it.  I am always impressed and disillusioned with what they bring in.  Some are so thoughtfully planned out and others look like junk glued on in 30 seconds.  But, it's the work of a 6 year old and their family! 

We will also be doing some fun Groundhog activities on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  Wednesday we will graph our predictions about whether he will see his shadow or not.  Here in So Cal, it's supposed to be clear and in the 70's so I know we will see the shadow!  Thursday we will write about what really happened and then do some fun little things and then on Friday we will make a little paper groundhog popping out of the ground.  I really love groundhog's day, though I am not sure why!  It's just too cute!  

Well, I have a bunch of stuff to do still.  Blogging is fun, but time consuming.  I am trying to be more planned and organized this month coming up.  I normally am, but in January, I was in a funk, so planning and organizing and all that stuff went out the window.  Not cool!  Getting it back now, though, so that makes me feel good! 

Have a great week!  See ya next Sunday, if not sooner!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Our 100th day falls on Valentine's this year...which is just weird to me because that never happens. I'm hoping for a snow day (or two!) in there to push it back.

Post a Comment