12.13.2011

So few days, yet so much time

OK, there really isn't that much time, but sometimes the day just seems to drag on.  Today was one of those days.  My kids weren't feeling it with the wreath project, which led to a lot of whining and complaining and mess on the floor.  Not good.  I thought they would love the project over a math test.  I guess I was wrong.  I was working on their ornaments during the afternoon which took forever!  We made the applesauce and cinnamon ornaments today.  They were a huge mess.  I forgot my bowl and spoon at home (along with the keys to my classroom!) so I had to use a small bowl and plastic spoon.  Talk about a mess.  But I got them done (and have a sore throat now from all the cinnamon) and they look cute.  My classroom...not so much.  It's a giant mess right now.  I hope the custodian at least vacuum's up a little of the glitter I knocked onto the floor by accident, but then incorporated into my ornaments.  Ugh...Today felt like a Monday!

Tomorrow we will be finishing up a million and one things and starting just one new project.  If we get it all done, it will be a miracle.  Oh and I still have DRA's to finish and progress reports to do.  Yikes!  And to top it off, I have 2 SST's on Thursday in the morning when I have been doing my DRA testing, so that kills that time.  Guess I need to have the kids read at mach 4 tomorrow! 

I have a gazillion things to do between now and Thursday night, so this will be short and sweet.  I guess I should work out really quick, get some of my projects started and then see what comes next.  I love the idea of vacation coming soon, but there is so much to do this week.  I can make it...!

1 comment:

  1. I thought about cutting and pasting your post on my blog. I was just going to change it to Snowman Ornaments instead. lol Try to enjoy some of the craziness of the next few days. :-)
    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete