12.19.2011

I can get used to this

Day 1 of no school was a good day.  I didn't do anything too exciting, so don't be jealous.  In fact, I cleaned and did laundry.  Not the most exciting thing, but it feels good to get things cleaned and organized that have been left to sit and collect dust.  And glitter.  And paper scraps.  But, it is getting cleaned and organized now.  That's a very good thing about vacation! 

I also played secretary girl for the hubby.  He was gone almost all day with appts, so I got to answer the phone and all that fun stuff.  It cut into the time of cleaning, but it helped him, so that was good.  Tomorrow I get to take our neighbor to the airport, so I think I will do a little shopping after dropping her off.  I will have my daughter with me, so we can have some time together.  Too bad we have to leave at 7:30.  So much for sleeping in! 

I moved my school bag 3 times today.  Once to move the table, once to vaccum the floor and once to put it back where it was to begin with.  I don't even want to look in it til after Jan. 2.  I figure I will enjoy the break now and then get serious about working once the holidays are over.  If I am bored in the next week (hahahahaha) I will look at stuff, but, I don't see that happening.  I have books to read, presents to wrap and sitting on my butt to do!  That all takes precedence over school work!  :) 

Time to get back to something...I think since it's after 7:30, sitting on my butt reading or watching TV or having my daughter read to me will be the thing to do tonight.  I am tired from cleaning today, but at least it's the good tired of I-got-something-done.  Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like my day. I deemed today "cleaning Tuesday" and tomorrow "baking Wednesday" of course that would require me removing myself from my computer. Enjoy your break!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you're already on your break. I have 1 1/2 days left. Have a wonderful Christmas.
     Chrissy

    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I awarded you the Liebster award! Congrats! Come by my blog and check it out. Hope you're having a great Holiday weekend!
    Rachel
    Ed Link - First Grade

    ReplyDelete