12.11.2011

Freebie for a Sunday

I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait til Friday at 1:56.  That's when the bell will ring for the last time in 2011 and my kids will be on their way to a 3 week vacation!  Don't get me wrong, I love my class this year, but this teacher is on major burnout and running on fumes.  I am tired, fighting a cold and ready to spend some time at home with my family. 

I have 5 days to keep the kids busy.  For my focus group time, which is our intervention time, I have the high group.  Mind you, it's just 3 of the 5 first grade classes that switch for this time (don't ask, it's a long story that still makes me angry) and it's only the English speakers (all the EL's are at ELD at this time), so I have 14 kids for 30 minutes.  9 of them are mine and the other 5 come from the other 2 classes.  I am tired of finding things to do (it's a lot easier for me to work with the lows, but I was burned out from them) that are interesting and exciting and not boring to the kids.  Last week we talked about the moom and they had fun!

This week, we will do some fun with reindeer activities.  I sat down today and made up this mini unit about reindeer.  I took it from the non fiction stand point.  We will read some fiction stories and then compare with the non fiction information we will learn.  I hope you can use it this week or next year, if you'd like!  If you do download, please be kind and comment.  Thanks! 

Have a great week with your kiddos!  Hope it's a great last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment