12.26.2011

The day after

Well, it's the day after Christmas. I am tired, full and happy. I had a great Christmas with my family. I always build it up in my head to something big and grand and end up disappointed. But not this year. It was very nice and was what I was hoping for. Actually, it was a little better than what I was expecting, so that was extra nice!

Our day started with our family Christmas. My daughter spent an hour opening gifts. She did get a lot, but she took her time opening each gift, looking at it, analyzing it, thanking us for it and then moving on to the next gift. Her big gift was a camera. I had high hopes for the Hello Kitty camera that we got her, but it is cheaply made and the flash isn't working. We may have to take it back and get her a real camera. She loves taking pictures, so this way she can have her own camera. One day, when she is older, I want to get her a real camera. I don't know much about takingictures, other than I push the button and we have 5,000 pictures on memory sticks!

We had Christmas at our house this year. My parents and my in laws and my brother and sister in law came over. We had an Italian Christmas with penne, sausage and meatballs and lasagna. I made a veggie lasagna. I think it was really good. We had enough food for the military! Between the appetizers, dinner and dessert, we ate more than we should have. But it was worth it.

This week is back to reality. I have to get in gear in terms of losing weight. I have been a bad tracker with my food and have eaten whatever I want, not worrying about the consequences, like gaining weight. I have been pretty bummed aboutit this week, but that hasn't stopped me from shoving food down my pie hole. So tonight, I will break out the exercise equipment once again. I have 2 weeks before going back to work, so it's time to once again get serious and drop more wight. I was down 14 pounds, which isn't a lot, but it's better than having those 14 pounds still hanging around. I have a lot to go, so it's time toget serious. We are going to Florida in June, so I have a goal to look better for then. We'll see how it goes!

I still have 2 weeks left of vacation. I am very happy to have the extended break. My daughter goes back next Tuesday, so I have one more week with her. I want to be able to do things with her, but at the same time, I want to be able to stay home and enjoy the time at home without going out all over and spending money we don't have. Plus, it's going to be in the 70's all week long, so it will be nice to work outside, get my planters ready for winter (if it comes) and clean it up from the Enid of summer and fall. We'll see what we get done. Hopefully a trip to the Safari Park and the movies will cap our vacation!

I should go and try to put away all the stuff we bought today. Yeah, I am one of those who goes out the day after Christmas to get stuff for next year. I actually bought some little gifts for my kids next year and for my daughters class next year. 50% off and ahead of time...SOLD! We also got wrapping paper, boxes and assorted crap that we may or may not need. I still need to get more plastic tubs to store my christmas stuff in and get a tub or tubs for my daughters tree and ornaments. But that will be later this week when I take Christmas down. I may do it sooner than later...I feel like i need to start the new year clean and organized, so we will see. Happy Monday and a great continued vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment