10.23.2011

Unplanned mess

I am becoming the Queen of Procrastination lately.  I have not found my groove this year.  I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants.  And I don't like the feeling, but I am getting pretty good at it.  My plans for the week aren't done at all, though I know what I am doing.  My principal doesn't check lesson plans, so there is no harm if I didn't do them, but I like doing them so I know when I get to work Monday I know what I am going to do.  And I may get to them today.  Or I might not.  I am not sure what I am going to do at the moment. 

I brought home a box of stuff to go through.  A lot of it is stuff that I have printed off from other fabulous blogs and then paper clipped them together.  I want to put them together into sheet protectors, put them in binders and have them organized nice and neat for actual real life use rather than collecting dust in my cabinet. 

Moving classrooms has put me in a rut.  I still don't have everything unpacked, I don't know where everything is and I don't like the flow of my room.  To top it off, I have a ton of assessing to do this week, report cards to start working on and a whole lot of teaching to do, too!  I almost need a sub day but a day where I am at work and the sub is teaching.  I wonder if my principal would let me do that...

I don't know about you, but I am ready for fall.  Today it is sunny and 95.  95* in October is a bit much, even for us.  Thursday and Friday were nice and foggy and cool, but today is HOT.  It's supposed to cool down a bit and then we bob up and down a bit each day.  Yep, that's fall for us in So Cal...very hot to warm to cool to hot...you get the idea! 

Well, I need to get my butt in gear and get something done.  We'll see what, if anything happens!  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment