9.29.2011

Yay!

Today was one of those days that made me remember why I teach.  I was testing my middle group on their sight words and a few of my kids just rocked it!  They are ready to move on to a higher level.  Unfortuantely the others in the group are still struggling, but I felt so good and was proud of my kids for their hard work in learning their words.  Now it's on to the next group to get them learning their words! 

The feeling was a bit overshadowed during social studies when they turned in complete and utter crap, but I guess that's my fault.  I let them color, cut and glue on their own without me walking them through it step by step, so I get what I get.  I may revamp it a bit, have them do it again, or I may just send home the crap!

I went to a meeting today for National Board Certification.  OK, meeting is the wrong word...more like listening to the teacher talk about how hard it is and how great she is.  I am over 50% sure I am going to do it, but I want to sleep on it for a couple days before I really decide.  I don't think I am that wonderful of a teacher, but I want to push myself.  I am a perfectionist by nature, so it's hard for me to think that it's all dandy, cause in my mind it's all crap.  My hubby loves me for that (note the sarcams!!!) but it's included in the package of ME!  :)

I will be glad when 3:12 rolls around tomorrow.  I am tired and have a busy weekend ahead.  Oh, and my formal observation is next week and I need to get my rear in gear and get ready for it.  Exciting lesson on plural nouns, here we come!  Happy almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment