9.18.2011

Sunday planning and some freebies

Happy Sunday!  We are back to summer this weekend.  Well, today anyway.  Yesterday was nice and coolish, with temps in the mid 80's.  After being 100+, 85 is nice and workable.  Today we are 100 again and it is forcasted to be hot this week.  Yeah. 

I haven't done lesson plans yet this weekend, and the day is quickly coming to an end.  I still have laundry to do, dinner to make, my 2 mile walk to go on and all the fun that goes along with the nightly get ready for the school week routine.  But, I have made my word sort for the week and a new addition to their nightly homework. 

We will be talking about short e this week.  My kids are really good, for the most part, with knowing all the vowel sounds and being able to blend cvc words.  At one of their centers, they can do a word sort.  It's very similar to last week, just with new word families!  You can get it here if you'd like!  I also made a quickie homework activity called Give Me a Minute.  Students will read the words for one minute and see how far they get on the list.  I don't care if they go down or across as long as they are reading.  You can get this here!

I haven't thought too much about math this week.  We are continuing with beginning addition.  They really seemed to get it last week, so we will see how it goes the rest of the week.  I don't want to scare them too much with math, but I also want them to "get it".  We'll see how that goes. 

If you haven't heard, Scholastic is having a Dollar Days sale.  I looked last night and picked out 10 ebooks for $1 a piece and then used the coupon 10thanks and got them all for free.  It just coast me my time, my paper and ink in the computer and I printed out over 500 pages of goodies to use with my kids!  Can't wait to see how to get it all in!  Go to http://www.teacherexpress.scholastic.com/ and click on the Dollar Days link.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment