8.02.2011

What a day!

I went to school for a bit today. And I am glad I did. Imwas able to go alitle ape-sh!t on the custodian. My room has been ignored in the cleaning process, which means I can't get as much done as I would like since it's still dirty. I was told last week it would be done on Thursday. I guess I should have asked which Thursday they meant. But, my desks were getting cleaned as I left, and my floor was supposed to be done. I am so jealous of schools that have good custodians. Our day one is useless, really, and the night one is slow and does the bare minimum. I am used to cleaning my room to an extent, but I won't be scrubbing tape off from summer school whe wasn't mine. If parents ever worry about it being dirty, they can complain for me, since our voices are ignored, and have been forever. Sucks!

Anyway, I went to Lakeshore to buy some things for my daughter's class. The teacher put up a giving tree and hubby and I picked 3 things to get. A bit pricey, but they got what they wanted. I bought some people cut outs to use later in the year. Then I went to Walmart to get the last few things my daughter needed for school. The downside is the teacher picked some pretty expensive things, like clear Elmers glue and 8pack of big Crayola crayons. They only had washable for like $2. I think I spent more on her supplies than I did for my whole class! Yikes!

I'm home now and it's too hot to do a thing. For those of you in the Midwest, you dont want to hear it, but it was 106 when I pulled in the garage. And we have some lovely humidity that we don't have too often. It sucks today! So, I figure I will work on some school stuff, get things organized and go from there. Tomorrow is a crazy busy day, so I don't know what I will get done, if anything. It may just be the things that I have to do and then come home tomorrow night and crash. Just a few more days till I have to be back at work and deal with the craziness that is first grade!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. if it is any consolation our day guy is the same way during the school year. The summer time he really does a nice getting the building ready for the start but after that nothing!! Our night guy was ok but he spent a lot of time on the phone with his wife. Both will be in another building when school starts so no idea how the new guy and girl will be. Plus a new principal..can I say I don't like change..:(

    ReplyDelete