8.14.2011

Still here, just flustered!

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, though that might make me feel a little better. I thought the weekend would be relaxing and all, but I was wrong. I am still trying to catch up from last week, and now it's almost Monday again. I am ready for it, but not really. Lesson plans are done, but mentally I am not prepared. Here are the highlights of my week and weekend so far.

* So far, I love my class. There are a couple squirrels, but I will whip them into shape eventually. Some are more excited about learning than others, but isnt that the case with all classes?

* We had back to school night on Friday night. Yeah, ugh. But, I and 14 of my 18 show up, which is better than IRS been in the past. And, it's done and over with so that it good, too.

* I have been assessing my kids any chance I get, but it is taking me longer than anticipated. I had my 30 minute aide doing sight word tests, but you know the saying, if you want something done right, do it yourself. Tomorrow I have to continue tone word sets for those that she stopped after 50 words.

* we are beginning the ever so fun unit of matter. I actually liked teaching it last year and look forward to teaching it gagain. I hope the kids are as interested in it as I am.

* I finished my last class finally. I can now turn in my paperwork to move over on the pay scale. A nice little raise is in my future. Will make the savings look very nice come October.

* I have now been on weight watchers for 2 full weeks. I am down 4.6 pounds. I wanted more, but I think I will always want more each week. Aciuple people I started with are already down 5 or more pounds, so I feel like a slacker. But, I didn't Eat a donut this week and there were 4 dozen in the lounge on Friday. Yay, me!

* well, it's time for me to get ready for another week. Hopefully there will be some time in the future to post pics of my room and post more than highlights. Until then, this is what you bet! Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss, that is GREAT!! I am happy to hear that you do not have a difficult class. Good luck this week, you will be wonderful... I just know it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,

    You are rocking at Weight Watchers. I am so proud of you. Don't feel like a slacker either because a few folks may have lost a pound or two more than you. Celebrate what you have lost so far and keep on doing what you do.

    You have inspired me. I have 7 more pounds to go.

    Glad you like your kids. Your posts have me missing my kid--especially the ones on matter since I was a science teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss and finishing your last class! It's always sooooo hard to get all that testing in at the beginning of the year... good luck!!

    ReplyDelete