8.07.2011

Early morning post

I hate days like today. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and can not go back to sleep. I laid in bed, tossing and turning until about 5:30. Then the dogs wanted out, so I am up. Didn't know the local news was on this early today! I feel very tired, but not able to sleep. Too much on my mind, I guess.

Tomorrow is back to work for me. We have our two prep days on Monday and Tuesday and the. Wednesday is the big day. I'm not ready, or at least I don't feel ready. I am hoping I can get a lot done tomorrow, and be very prepared for Wednesday, but there is still so much to do. I need to sit today and print out labels for my room, print out parent letters, get things organized, finish homework folders, start lesson plans and whatever else needs to be done. Just a couple things, huh?

Top that off with getting my daughter ready for school, getting me mentally prepared for that as well and making sure she has all the things she needs. She's a little nervous about it, I think, but she hasn't said much about it. Last night I could tell she was a bit anxious about school, but she played it off that she was thirsty. I am hoping it's a fairly easy transition, but its been a month since she was in preschool, so that may make it a bit harder for her for the first couple days. She's had our full and undivided attention for the last month, along with the rest of the summer.

It's hard to believe that summer is over. While the heat will be around for the next couple months, vacation is over. The lazy days are gone. No more sitting around in my pj's until I feel like getting dressed. No more sleeping in til 8am, which was the time my daughter would wake up. She likes sleep, too! No more eating lunch or snacks when I want, either. And the worst...no more going to the bathroom when you need to! Now it'll be whenever there is a break and no more. Yikes!

This morning will be my first true test at Weight Watchers. I'll get to jump on the scale and see if my work this week has paid off. It's amazing when you stop and think about what you are eating, or used to eat and how bad it was. We went to dinner at Applebee's last night. They have their WW menu and other items that are WW friendly, or friendlier than other stuff. Some things I would have liked to have eaten are way too bad...too many calories, fat and crap in them!

Well, it's now a bit after 6. I would love to crawl back into bed, but I think I may curl up on the couch and see what happens. I have to be ups at 7:30 to get ready to run out for the morning before I come home and spend the day going half crazy! Happy Sunday. Happy last day of vacation, if you are in the same boat as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment