7.26.2011

Whirlwind Days

I don't know about you, but the closer we get to school starting, the faster the days speed by.  I feel like there are a million things to do and not enough time, energy or motivation to get them all done.  I am starting to panic as I have 2 weeks til I have a classroom full of new little darlings. 

Every morning I wake up and think to myself that this will be the day I get stuff together.  This will be the day I make something cute for a center or activity.  And then the day is over and it's dark and quiet and I just want to read.  Or sleep.  Or not think of anything.  Agh!  I have to stop this!

Today, I spent some mommy-daughter time with my baby girl.  OK, she's 5, but she's still my baby girl.  We had some errands to run and then we went to the cheap movies.  We went and saw Rio.  It was OK, not the best, not the worst.  She had fun and is all excited to tell Daddy about it later tonight.  It was nice with it being just the 2 of us.  It's hitting me hard that she will be in Kinder in 2 weeks and no longer just a toddler or a preschooler.  Kinda sad, yet very exciting.  After the movie, we ran to the mall to look for some shoes for her.  She has to wear all black shoes to school.  They are hard to find in tennis shoes, but we managed to find a pair we both agreed on.  One less thing to do now for school.  Next chore - a lunch box.  Hello Kitty, here we come! 

As we were walking through Walmart for some movie snacks, she was telling me all the things I needed to buy her for school - markers, crayons, pencils and paper.  Um, I don't think she really understands what Kinder will be about.  I'm planning to buy her teacher some things once we meet her next week, but I hated to tell my daughter that she already has a plethora of school stuff at home, thanks to good ole Mommy! 

I made my little crate seats last night, but I have been too lazy/tired/not home to take a picture of them.  I found the cutest little owl fabric at Walmart last week.  Hubby cut the wood last night and I put them together in about 40 minutes.  I only made 4, as they are going in my library area.  I can't wait to take them in and show them off tomorrow!  I will go in tomorrow while my daughter is off with the grandparents for the day.  Some of us are going to be working on math games.  Not everyone wanted to "join in" which is status quo for the grade level.  It's nothing new, but it sucks that some people still have a stick up their butts and don't feel the need to collaborate.  That's a whole different topic, but one I can see giving me grief this year as the grade level lead.  Fun times ahead...what did I get myself into this year? 

Well, I think it's time to jump in the pool for a bit and cool off.  I have a million things to do in the next 12 days.  I don't know if I will be able to get it all done, but I will see what I can do!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment