7.14.2011

To panic or not to panic...that is the question!

So I did it.  I went into my classroom today to check out the disaster from summer school.  Much to my amazement, there was none.  Yeah, all the trash cans were full and then recycling tubs were full (I will have to empty those myself), but other than that, it looks pretty much like I left it.  Now I can breath a little sigh of relief.  Some teachers weren't so lucky.  We were told they were using 12 of the 30 or so classrooms.  I guess they ended up using 24 classroom, 12 of which the teachers didn't plan on them using.  I would be pissed.  Our principal was, and still is on vacation, so she doesn't know what happened or didn't tell the others if she knew.  Crazy!

I didn't make too much of a plan, as there was another teacher there and we were talking.  I think I have planned (in my head) to go to school on Monday and work for a couple hours and put up my butcher paper and start my bulletin boards and my word wall area.  I want to make it look really nice, so I want to take my time.  Then, I need to rearrange my classroom library and make it more kid friendly - I see lots of little tubs in my future.  I also want to take the read aloud books I have on my "teacher shelf" and put them by the whole group area.  I don't know if I love it, but I'll give it a whirl! 

I don't want to spend the rest of my vacation at work, but I don't want to be there til midnight the day before school.  I think I will go next week, see what I can get done and then go from there on my planning.  I haven't done much at home, so I need to get my butt in gear and get some things done.  Oh, and there is that pesky homework that needs to be done, too.  Does anyone else feel the need for a good cry coming on?  I sure do! 

Now that my room isn't a disaster, I can maybe relax and get some things done.  Or, I can just relax.  I was out of the house all day, so nothing got done, except dinner.  Thank goodness for the crock pot, right?  A new recipe tonight, but so far, so good!  Happy Thursday night!

3 comments:

  1. I most definitely feel the need for a good, cathartic cry very soon and it doesn't even have anything to do with teaching! :)

    I'm glad your room wasn't trashed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sunny...I agree. I'm stressed about a bunch of things, school and non-school related. It just seems that there isn't enough time to get it all done without killing myself, there isn't enough money or I just don't give a damn at the moment. And, the days I am motivated, my daughter has storytime at the library and then I lose it all. It's a vicious cycle. As much as I love being on vacation, I almost feel I need to be at work for the routine. But, then my flower beds would look like poo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad we can't put our classrooms in a crockpot, let them simmer for a while, then open it up on the first day of school, huh? Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete