7.17.2011

Sunday randoms

Lately has been pretty random. I haven't been doing much of anything lately. On Friday, I took my doughtier to story time at library and then stayed with my hubby the rest of the time while he was sitting at the farmers market for his work. It's kinda boring but it kills time. I had big plans for some shopping, but then we ended up going that night. I did take a nap that day, which is something I have not partaken in this summer!

On Friday night while shopping, we went to Office Depot and signed up for their teacher club thingy. I got a few things for me, but nothing for school. I knew their crayons were going on sale today, so I waited. Today I went to one store and the limit was 5 per person. I got 5 and hubby got 5. They had some Sharpies, too, for 2 for $1. We went to another Office Depot and the manager let me get 20 boxes of crayons for the sale price. Woohoo! I also bought some folders for their poetry and other stuff. 10 for a buck! My kind of deal,

I also have spent my weekend splurging. My grandparents set money aside for all their grandkids in their trust. Unfortunately, my grandpa passed away 2 years ago and my grandma passed away in February. Their estate was just settled and we got our part. It came at a good time. I can put a lot in savings and also splurge on me. Which is what I did. I bought a new patio table and chairs for us and then went and bought myself an iPad. Do I need it? No, but it's something just for me! I'vedone without things I wanted to pay for law school, but it was ok, I didn't need everything I wanted anyway! But this is just a splurge. Plain & simple and I'm ok with it.

Tomorrow will be day 1 at school. I hope to remember to take pics of before and after. Although they said they aren't doing the floors til next week, so not too much can get done. My goal is to get paper on the walls and get some things figured out!

Happy Sunday! Time to watch a movie with hubby while our daughter is at Disneyland with the grandparents. A nice day for us!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I want an iPad SO bad! :) Maybe that's what I'll get myself when I'm done with National Board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told myself I was going to get one after I finished my classes, but sinceI has some me money, I went for it!

    ReplyDelete