7.28.2011

Mindless ramblings

This isn't really a teacher post tonight, but more of the thoughts that are in my head. There is so much in my brain right now that I think I might just go crazy! I'm trying to get a lot of things done, but I end up getting nothing done.

Anyway, my first order of business tonight is that I have almost officially joined weight watchers. I filled out the paperwork and will take them to the meeting on Sunday morning. I need to charge of me and put myself first for a change. I always put others before me, and then I end up getting worse and worse, with whatever it my be. So, I need to take care of myself now and see what happens. I don't like admitting that I can't do something, but I have to admit defeat here with this. New school year, new start for me. Here goes nothing!

I went to Lowe's today and was able to get some wood donated for my garden beds. I think I have enough for 2 beds right now, but it's better than nothing. I also went to Home Depot and they gave me $100 to spend on supplies. I need to figure outnhow much more wood I need and then I wil go from there. I may take my daughter with me tomorrow and get what I need so we can start either on Monday or Wednesday. I figure if we get the beds built, everyone will be on their own for the soil and plants. I was hoping to get wood, soil and plants, but no one is too big on donations right now. Another Lowe's told me that because of the economy, they don't have the funds for donating. Um, do they know the state of education budgets? Hello???

Tonight my hubby is working late, so my daughter and I had a Subway picnic on the floor. We ran and got sandwiches, came home and ate them while watching TV. It is always fun to have dinner in a different spot than normal. I feel so anxious for her to start Kindergarten in a little over a week. She's been in preschool for 3 years, but this is the big time. I haven't thought about it much before, but I wonder how many of our kids' parents freak out when their kid goes to school. I have 6 days to spend the rest of summer with her and still get school stuff done, clean house and all that fun stuff.

Oh, yeah, did I mention that I am a big loser and haven't done my homework yet? I had all summer and didn't get it done. What was I thinking? I am mad at myself for not getting it done and end up beating myself up over it rather than getting it done. I have almost the whole class to do and not much time to get it done. More stress...just what I need!

Well, time to get off my butt and get some more done. I didn't get as much done today as I wanted, surprise, surprise, so I gotta get it done now.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment