7.31.2011

Let the countdown begin

While I was laying in bed wide awake at 3 am, I started to think about all the stuff I need to do between now and Saturday. I figure I have 7 days to get a months worth of work done. I am starting to get very stressed about getting it all done. I know there isn't enough time to get it all done, so I might as well face the fact and make a new to do list for the week.

1. Put my lesson plan book together. I made a lesson plan template and
Ringed it out for each week. I also made others for the weeks we have something different and are not doing our normal routine. But, that was as far as I got. So, I need to put the together, dat e them and start filling in what I can.

2. Homework folders. I need to make my cute homework folders, get them laminated and then get some duck tapes for the sides. I am changing my homework this year from weekly to nightly, but I am cutting way back on homework. I am hoping imhave better success with my homework, but not overwhelm the kids, either. I saw the error of my ways now, so I am trying to change it.

3. Lesson plans. I had planned to have my lesson plans started, but, no. Last year, I started outlining my units, and giving myself a good idea of what I was doing. I wanted to continue, but haven't cone it yet. I can at least plan my math and some other things now and go slowly from there.

4. My classroom. I still have some boOks and boxes of crap that need to find a new home. I am hoping to get in there as often as I can this week and get as much done as I can. I will have to work around my daughter and her crazy schedule this week.

5. Shopping. I need to figure out what my daughter's teacher needs and then go get it all. Plus, I need o get a few things for her and myself before next week. I have had all summer, but again, like other things they were just put off til another day.

I am sure there are many other things I need to do, but I don't want to become too overwhelmed. Or at least not anymore than I already am.

Happy Sunday. I woke up to some rain from some lovely monsoonal moisture. It has kept the dust down, but let me just say...sticky and steamy. If we could just get some lightning, it would be all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment