6.12.2011

Where did my energy go?

Wow!  I don't know about anyone else, but I have had zero energy these last few days.  I could easily sleep the afternoons away and be perfectly content.  As a matter of fact, I did that today!  But in my defense, I had a headache that was threatening to turn into a migraine.  So, I took some meds, hit my bed and slept for a bit!  Headache all gone!  :)

These last few days haven't been as productive as I had planned.  Or had wanted.  Before summer vacation started, I had a "plan" for my days - get up early (like 6:30), exercise for a bit, do some homework, spend good time with my daughter, do some school work, craft, read, etc, all before 6pm at night.  Um, yeah.  NONE of this has happened!  Other things have gotten in the way, like NO MOTIVATION! 

Yeah, I have been pretty lazy.  Thursday we did go to Legoland and then the beach.  Once we got home, we were pretty tired, so the night was spent on the computer, just being lazy!  On Friday, there were errands to run and I think a nap was in the plans, too!  Yesterday (Saturday), I helped my parents at a yard sale (I made $40!).  We were out of the house by 6:45, which doens't make for a happy mommy or a happy daughter!  But we survived.  My hubby had a class in Orange County, so he was up and out early, too!  We spent the late afternoon watching a movie.  I was asleep before 9:30 last night!  And today, we ran some errands and then I came home and crashed with the headache.  Since then, I have managed to clean up and organize my craft table, so now I can start on some of my projects.  Curtains for my laundry room mini-redo and refinishing a table clock are first up on my list. 

Tomorrow is the start of another week.  I have big plans, but we know what happens to those!  I need to get into my daughter's room and clean and organize the chaos!  That may wait til Tuesday when she is at school and I can do it in peace and quiet without the watching eyes of a 4 year old who wants to keep everything she has!  Plus, the hubby will be at work!  Oh, I can't wait for 4 hours of QUIET! 

But, the quiet won't come yet!  My daughter is sitting here next to me and talks constantly!  Time for me to go do dishes and sit with her and start our new summer puzzle time!  Yeah, add that to my to do list!  Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure I will be writing a post very similar to this in a few days!! :)

    This year I purposely gave myself two weeks of "down time" before starting any of my plans for this summer because I KNOW I am going to feel lazy and want to be catching up on sleep. My hubby is working late all week so I can take naps and no one will be here to complain about it (my girls won't care so it's win-win).

    ReplyDelete