6.02.2011

Tired

I am so very tired today and I am not even at work!  Today was a very exciting day as my hubby was sworn in to practice law in the great state of California.  It's been 5 1/2 years in the making, but it finally happened!  I am so proud of him and all his hard work.  He went to law school while caring for a newborn, then a baby, then a toddler and into her preschool years.  Not an easy thing to do for anyone, much less a student.  But, he did great and will now start out in his new adventure. 

Today we had the swearing in ceremonies.  We were up and out of the house by 6am, which is early for me anytime of the year, but especially when I am on vacation.  And, I am still worn out from moving yesterday.  But, it was well worth it and such an exciting time for us. 

Tomorrow will be the Kindergarten orientation for my daughter.  I am interested to hear what they have to say about what the kids need to know before they go to school.  From the letter we got when we signed her up, they want them to know all the kinder standards before school starts in August!  Hmmm.  Seems fishy to me, but we'll see.  My hubby told me that we got a call from the charter school we tried to get her in that they have a spot.  That scares me since 16 students have dropped from the class already.  The school's lease is up soon and the land they were going to build on was denied approval by the county.  So, I don't know if I want her to go to a school that may be defunct soon.  We'll see.

Well, it's the late hour of 7:30 here and I think I am off to lala land.  Today has been exhausting and I am ready to call it a day!  Happy Thursday all!

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick 'congratulations' to you & your husband! Sounds like a new chapter in your lives is about to begin in many ways! Thanks, Nancy
    www.theapplebasketteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete