6.27.2011

Random on a Monday

* Not too much going on in my neck of the woods today.  I think my creative energies were taken up yesterday.  That's OK.  Today was for laundry, some housecleaning and finally finishing a book.  I did a little school work, but nothing to brag about...just some tidying up. 

* On Saturday, we had a birthday party for my daughter.  My hubby's friends came with their kids.  His friend just finished up his student teaching this last week.  I asked him if he had started to apply for jobs and he said no.  He said that he still has some work to finish for his last credential class and then he will be done.  He them said that he doesn't know if he wants to teach.  He has spent the last 15+ years going to school to be a teacher and now thinks he won't do it.  He was a stress-ball during student teaching, didn't have the best mentor teachers and doesn't know if he wants all the work that goes into being a teacher.  It makes me sad to think about that, but then maybe that's for the best.  If he doesn't want to do it, there is no point in having someone unhappy in the classroom.  It doesn't make for a good teacher.  But at the same time, there must have been a passion to do it before...where did it go?  Did it get squashed during student teaching?

* I have giant piles of stuff sitting in my office and outside my office that I need to look through for school.  I have my TE's for the first 6 weeks ready to look at, but I haven't even unpacked them from the box they are in.  I have the math components in the same box, ready to be looked at, yet they are there, collecting dust in the corner.  I keep thinking I have all the time in the world, but 6 weeks from today is my teacher work day.  In 6 weeks and 2 days, I will have completed the first day of school.  YIKES!  Time is flying!

* Speaking of time flying by...today starts the 5th week of vacation.  I have been out of school for a month now and don't have all the great, wonderful things to show for it.  But, I have relaxed and spent lots of time with my daughter.  That's the important thing!

* July will be my busy month for going away...yippee!  This coming weekend, we will be sitting river-side with my parents at the river we have gone to since my dad was a kid.  It's hot, it's dry, but it's my river.  Can't wait to spend the weekend there, watching fireworks and NOT being at home.  Relaxation here I come!  Also, we will be going away the following weekend to go to a "real" county fair.  Or I hope it's real anyway.  Around us, we have the San Diego county fair, the LA county fair and the OC county fair.  They are basically big shopping venues with crap you don't need to buy!  And, they go for like a month.  The one we are going to is in the middle of a big agricultural area and the fair is 4 days long.  Hubby hopes to see a real fair like I remember going to with my grandparents.  So far, in July, we will be gone 7 of the first 10 days.  Woo-hoo!

* I am having a hard time deciding on my classroom decor this year.  I thought I was going to go with owls, but then I changed my mind.  Then, I thought of going with a rain foresty/jungle type theme, but now I am thinking of bees.  Ahhhh!  I had better decide soon so I can get things going!

* Well, enough randomness for today!  Tomorrow is another day full of who knows what!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment