6.01.2011

Moving Day...part 1

Today was moving day whether anyone was ready or not!  I was at school at 9am and both the custodians were there.  As soon as I got there, they were ready to move me.  I was surprised, since I really doubted they would remember I was moving.  But, after some grumbling from one custodian and the energy of 12 small children from the other, the big stuff is moved.  And, my room looks like a cluster*%!# right now.  I am not too happy, but I guess it is my own doing. 

All my furniture from my old room came to my new room.  I got rid of all the furniture in the new room, with the exception of 2 booksshelves, but I may end up getting rid of them.  I have to see where it's all going to go.  And that is my issue.  My other room was bigger (and nicer) than the one I am going into, so there is less space for all my crap.  And, there is an entire wall of cabinets, along with a sink that takes up 1/4 of the room.  In my old room, my desk and shelves were in the corner where now sink is.  And, the electrical panel and stuff takes up wall space that I need, but will have to do without. 

I did get my computer hooked up.  I don't love where it's at, but I think it will have to stay there, unless I have cords running all over the floor.  I know where my calendar/word wall/math wall is going, but that's about it.  I am going to have to do some pretty fancy organizing to make it look "right" to me. 

Oh, and then there's that pesky thing called summer school.  They are using my new room, so I have to have all the crap that's in the middle of my room moved, put away and looking presentable by the end of next week.  Yeah, no stress at all.  I doubt I will have anything ready for next year, but that's OK.  Once I get my room arranged the way I want it, and have things put away where they belong, I will have a little less stress.  I hope. 

I came home after working in my room and decided the smart thing to do would be to work outside.  I sat on my little rock area of my backyard and pulled weeds for a couple hours.  Now I am tired, sore and ready for a nap.  I think reading on the couch will have to do, as I think hubby wants to go shopping tonight for a new shirt for his big swearing in tomorrow!  If so, In-N-Out, here I come! 

Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment