6.15.2011

A little planning...

Yesterday and today I have been working on my yearly plan.  I am supposed to be doing homework, but that's not very fun.  So instead, I have been working on school work.  I told myself not until July 1, but I have the time and the desire, so I figured I might as well get some things done! 

This is the first year I am doing it on the computer.  In the past, I have written it out on paper and filled things in with pencil so I can always change it.  This year, I decided I might as well use my technology and do it this way.  So much nicer!  It's still a work in progress, but they always are!  Once I am done, I will post it for you to see. 

One of the things I used to do in the past that I have gotten away from was Author Studies.  I miss doing them.  I miss seeing the excitement my kids had of going to the library and checking out the books that we were reading in class.  So, my goal this next year is to get back into doing them.  I have actually made a spot on my yearly plan for my author studies.  They are spaced pretty much every 2 weeks, but there are a couple that go longer, like Clifford.  But, my plan is still empty, as I lost the list I had made of the books I had for author study and I really don't want to go to school to look at what I have! 

So, my question for you - What authors do you adore reading to your kids?  And, what fun activities do you do with them?  I have Eric Carle down for sure, along with some of my faves, but I need to fill in the gaps and find some new authors!   Let me know who I can add to my list to make it fabulous!  Thanks!

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen! I just finished my first year and I have honestly never seen a yearly plan. I look forward to seeing yours...it may be something I try to give a shot this year! Thanks for posting!

    http://myjourneythroughstudentteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted it today...check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin Henkes... adorable books, my class loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mo Willems - my kids adore all of his books but especially the Elephant and Piggie ones that they can read. Steve Jenkins is awesome for non-fiction books. They are completely different from most non-fiction. My class this year also loved the Froggy books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have both Kevin Henkes and Mo Willems down on my list. My problem is I have NO books my Mo Willems. I haven't orederd from Scholastic in years, so I have no books! And the library has 2. They are cute, but I need more! I am looking at Goodwill and stuff, but I may just have to break down and buy some new books. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love Mo Willems as well. David Shannon, Kevin Henkes, Robert Munsch, Leo Leonni. Gail Gibbons for nonfiction, and of course....Dr. Seuss for March! :)

    tekyteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete