6.15.2011

A little carried away!

In my attempt to keep myself busy til it's cooled off enough to go outside, I have been working on the computer on school stuff.  No homework, today, but I got a lot done! 

I have always been the nerdy one to write everything (almost everything) down in my lesson plan book.  I'd go out every year, buy a cute one, or, once Lakeshore opened, get their free one and fill it in before school got out.  But, in my challenge to myself to be more with the times, I made a lesson plan template to fit my needs.  I don't know if I'm gonna like it (I think it's too small to write in...Oops...live and learn). but I'm gonna try it.  I printed out enough for the whole year, so now I have to make it work, right? 

Here's my lesson plan, for you to check out.  Feel free to borrow it if needed, but I'm sure there are much better plans out there!  Each week is basically the same thing, just different skills.  I didn't take into account the weeks we have a day off, but I can fix it later if I want, or just make do with what I got. 

I've also been working on my yearly plan.  This is what I have done for the last 12 years probably and it keeps me so organized and on track.  I try to put in as much as I can to it so I know things right off the top, but there is always something that comes up and spoils it!  But, if you want an idea on a yearly plan, check it out here and let me know what you think!  It's still a work in progress, so...

I guess I have been sitting long enough.  Time to go do something else...anything else for that matter!  I should be on vacation, not planning!  Oops!

4 comments:

  1. I really like your yearly plan! What a great idea. I've seen MANY "yearly plan" templates out there over the years but I really like how yours is set up -- quick and easy to reference. I really like that!

    Since I am new to my grade again, I may do something like this to help me stay on pace and on track. It's SO hard to get everything in when you feel like you just don't have much of a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yearly plan! I like how you can see it all there on one sheet week by week! I need to get moving on something similar. How do you run your Language Arts themes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mrs. Spalding...We use Houghton Mifflin. It's set up into 10 themes with 3 stories for each theme. I don't pay much attention to the theme of the unit, but I use the spelling, sight words and stories for each one. Not too exciting, but it works!

    @ Sunny - It helps me so organized and I don't have to sit and go "What am I gonna do next?", though there are some days I feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the idea of a yearly plan! I think it will be a great organizational tool! I began working on mine last night- I have already finished math for the year! yay!

    ReplyDelete