5.01.2011

Why do the weekends always go so quickly?

After not feeling well yesterday, I feel I had a lot to do today.  And it isn't done.  And I hate that feeling.  I like it when I am really productive, which lately hasn't seemed like at all. 

I did get to work outside today and tidy up some things.  I needed to tend to some of my roses and flower beds, er, flower bed, as I ran out of time and energy for the others.  But, we still had the stupid wind, so it was a bit harder to work with the dust and stuff blowing all over.  But, at least I got something done and it looks a little better to me, if no one else! 

I haven't touched lesson plans this weekend, and I don't know if I will.  I know what I am doing this week, so I am not too worried about it at all.  No one checks them, so it's not like I will be in trouble.  Heck, there are some teachers who don't write lesson plans at all and they get away with it.  I think I can skip a week and be just fine! 

Laundry.  I hate laundry.  It sits there and taunts me from all over.  I really should be folding laundry right now, but I'm not.  I just finished the groceries (thank goodness for payday!) and all that fun.  What I would love to do is lay in bed and read, but there are too many things to do.  I will have time for that in about 26 more days...that's when it's the last day of school!!!!! 

I can't wait for summer when it's like a weekend for 2 months.  I have so many things I would like to do that I don't have time for now.  Plus, I have to get my baby ready for Kindergarten!  It's gonna be a busy summer of some mommy-daughter time, a lot of practicing her writing and reading, hopefully some good pool time (yeah, I have to get that thing cleaned up!) and some wonderful relaxing time to sit and read and read and read.  I seriously have 50 books stacked up that I want to read,  but don't have time during the school year.  I try to make time, but...

Happy Sunday!  Here's to a great week...just 20 more days to go!

2 comments:

  1. Can I ask what part of California you live in? I did my student teaching in San Luis Obispo and was in love with the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down in the IE...right in the middle of everything and close to nothing! :)

    ReplyDelete