5.09.2011

Training Day 1

I made it through the first day of enVision training.  It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but there were some times I was ready to doze off and crash into my book face first. 

Today was a long day of doing stuff, but I don't know if I could articulate what it is that we did.  We sort of went through the framework - we tabbed each chapter, read a part of what the state says we must do as teachers and what a program must have.  Then we had to draw - yes draw - a picture to show our topic and then share out.  DUMB!  I didn't get much out of it that I couldn't have gotten from reading the framework.  Then we went through the Overview and Implementation Guide that has been sitting in the box for 3 years and did a scavenger hunt.  We did that for 45 minutes and then shared out what we found.  There was some birdwalking, but not much. 

I would much rather have been at work, teaching my kids, or testing them as the case would have been.  But, we have to do this.  It wasn't horrible and was better than I was thinking it would be.  Could be that I am uber tired (I was at Urgent Care last night til after 10 for myself...grumble, grumble, grumble...wish I was a dude sometimes!) or maybe I have a better attitude about it and want to see if I can learn something.  Good thing is we get to share out with people in there and get some new ideas. 

Tomorrow will be Day 2.  We are going to get to see a unit done from the Money topic which is one of their worst topics.  I think it lacks a lot of meat and we have to supplement like crazy.  I think we took a month to really cover it in depth.  I hope it helped them remember some of what we learned! 

Now, I think I will take the night off from school work and do whatever I feel like.  I am in the middle of a book, so I may curl up in the blanket, read my book and be lazy.  It's pretty dang cold here today in not-so-sunny So Cal - 58 and super windy when I came home at 4:30.  Yippee!  I want my summer heat back from last week! 

Happy Monday all!  I only have 2 more Mondays left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you learn ANY great tips. We use enVision as well and I can't stand it. I also try to incorporate the technology components and it still isn't doing much for us. I am having to supplement in majority of the topics, eliminate lessons to avoid confusion, and create my own topic tests because the ones provided are aweful. I don't mean to moan and goan but geesh! Why did our district ever adopt this program??? I have heard from the upper grade teachers that they relly like it. Maybe that's why?

    ReplyDelete