5.31.2011

So this is what it's like to not work

Today was an interesting day for me.

First, I was running late to get my daughter to preschool.  We have kept her in 2 half days for the summer since she loves school so much.  Last year we took her out and she was miserable.  I kept her as busy as I could, but it was a lot of work keeping her occupied when all she really wanted to do was be at school with her teacher.  So, she is there 2 days, of which we were late to Day 1.  Oh well. 

After getting her to school, I went to breakfast with my friend and our principal.  I have never been asked out to eat with my principal before.  We talked a bit about next year and what needs to happen more to make it a better year.  For one, I believe the Ice Queen needs to goo somewhere else, but that's neither here nor there.  It would be so much more peaceful if she were gone.  I have my work cut out for me with being grade level lead, but it will be worth it in the end!

I went to school today to work in my new classroom.  I wanted to clean the cabinets in and out since they were very dirty.  It was disgusting how dirty things were.  I needed to come home and shower, I felt so gross.  But, the cabinets are cleaned, ready for my things.  I also labeled everything I want OUT of the room and am hoping to get all my stuff IN my room tomorrow.  Yes, I still have over 2 months til school starts, but I hadn't planned on moving, much less being given a weeks notice at that.  I'd rather move in, put things away and worry about the prettying up part later.  I don't like being in limbo, nor do I want to do it a week before school starts. 

After that, I picked up my daughter, headed to Sam's Club and then Goodwill.  No good buys at either store, tho there are some things you can't go without at Sam's - milk, bread, ground turkey.  I then came home, kept the TV OFF for my daughter and I sat and read.  I have since gone outside, worked on some of my rose bushes up front, got attacked by a crazy crow along with my dog (seriously...are they good for anything or can I shoot them?) and then had a sworm of bees fly by.  Which is why I am in the house, on the computer.  It's safer that way! 

Now I will be off to fix dinner, do some laundry and then sit down again for some reading. My book choice right now is


I started it this morning when I woke up at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep.  It's an OK book.  A quick read...I may be able to finish it tonight if I stay off the computer and away from the TV and just read.  But, hubby said he isn't feeling well, so I may be playing nurse maid.  I hope he isn't sick...he has a busy week and needs all his energy.  I'll make him go to bed and I will stay up and read in the quiet!  I did buy the new Danielle Steel today...a treat to myself.  I have a couple other books I want to read first before I jump into hers.  We'll see. 

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Have you read "The Time Traveler's Wife"?? It is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it, but I may this summer. I'll see how my summer reading goes!

    Kristen...still have issues with leaving comments. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete