5.16.2011

It's a Monday...and a test!

Wow!  Today was a Monday.  One of those not-so-great Mondays that seem to kinda suck.  I was in a great mood, so it wasn't that, but it just didn't seem like a good day!  Part of it is the fact that we are getting ready for open house.  I have some kids who are still trying to complete assignments, while others have been done since last week.  I won't miss the slugs who sit there and stare at me all day waiting for them to do something.  I think they think I will do it for them.  But, these are the same kids that I have been begging and pleading with for them to do something all year long, hoping they eventually get it.  It won't happen this year!

I have worked on making my room look nice, but it isn't working.  Anyone else have kids that give them garbage for work?  Their coloring is sloppy, their work in messy.  It's not very open house like.  And I am tired of it.  I am to the point I am going to accept it as is, but reward the kids who are doing a nice job.  It won't make much of a difference, but...

I know part of the problem is I am not prepared this week.  I didn't do lesson plans, I have tons of testing to do with my kids, all one on one and I am honestly done with teaching for the year.  I want to be able to have some fun with the kids, but it's testing first, open house second and fun third.  I did send a request to parents to send in some candies, cookies and juice for next week for some fun math ideas.  If I get what I am asking for, I will be posting some fun, end of the year eating math activities.  We'll see! 

I made this end of the year math test for my kids.  I am missing the adding and subtracting pages, but I am just going to copy some and add them to the back.  Each skill is something that is on the report card and I am only testing the things on the report card at this time.  Not that exciting, but I hope this gives me exactly what they know at this time!  If you can use it, great.  If you do, please leave me a comment so I know you like it! 

End of the year math test 

I hope you are all having a nice, warm spring Monday.  A storm is rolling in tonight and it was a chilly 65 all day.  Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, which we rarely see in May.  Last time we did, there was an actual tornado about 7 miles away.  Scary!  I am ready for warm, sunny sunshine and summer to come!  Just 9 more days!  Happy Monday all!

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be able to use this as a beginning/end of the year assessment for my SPED kids. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete