5.17.2011

It's all coming together now!

Open house is just 2 days away.  I will be so glad when it's over.  I have all their stuff done, now it's just a matter of putting it where it belongs and tidying up loose ends.  I am ready for it to be done and for the kids to take it all home.  I am ready to start de-cluttering, throwing away and decrapifying my room.  I want to tear it all down, throw stuff away and start fresh for next year.  We'll see how motivated I am come Friday morning! 

We finally got everything done.  Today we did semi self portraits.  I say semi because they don't look like the kids.  Last year they did, but I don't know why I did differently.  I will be doing the same project with another class tomorrow.  I hope they turn out well since it is for Open House! 

I have 3 more kids to test on DRA and then I am done!  I have to grade the math test, figure out math grades and then start on report cards.  Yes, it's all coming together now.  I haven't really been stressed, but I have just felt like there is a lot on my plate.  But, it's getting smaller and smaller as they days go on. 

And, on a very bright, yet not surprising note, I am the grade level chair for next year.  I have already started my notebook of ideas and have a lot I want to do to help the team be more prepared and ready to kick butt next year.  We'll see how it goes! 

Well, I need to get up and move.  My house is freezing tonight.  It was a toasty 60* here today in not-sunny So Cal.  Not cool, Mother Nature.  Not cool.  I want my 85* weather with sun! 

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right in the middle of DRA testing too! Good luck on your open house - it will be nice when it's over and in your rear view mirror :)

    ReplyDelete