4.26.2011

OK, so I'm needy!

Alternate title: Be kind...comment!

I was sitting here wondering exactly how many people have looked at my blog and some of the ideas I have posted.  I was blown away to see that the jelly bean graphing had over 200 views.  I was a little happy.  Then I got pissed.  Not one comment.  Not one "Thanks" or "Cool" or "suck it".  Then I started looking at all the others things I have posted that have been viewed many times over and again, NADA.  ZIP.  ZERO.  SQUAT.  Doesn't make a girl happy.  Again, I am a little needy right now and am looking for some validation (real, not made up BS like I got from my principal today.). 

I have big plans for the summer and lots of ideas of things to make and post.  And I have been debating about whether or not to put it on TpT.  I see lots of fabulous ideas, but I don't have even a few spare bucks to get all the things and I know others don't, either.  I guess I just want to share the knowledge I have, but I'd like a little something in return.  And, if my stuff sucks, tell me.  I'm a big girl.  A big girl that just wants a little thanks.  Needy?  Yeah, but aren't we all at some point?

4 comments:

  1. I just saw your jelly bean graph and downloaded it! Thanks for sharing it. I am going to use it next year. Unless I find some after Easter candy sales, then I will be using it this week. (It's still April!) I ended up putting conversation hearts in my students eggs to graph. I ran out of time during Feb! I spent too much time on the blogs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and all your ideas. I didn't get a chance to do your jelly bean activity because we had spring break last week. I thought I commented on one of the HM units from theme 8, but perhaps it didn't save.

    I love your packets for each week. The adequately assess what they should have learned but in a succinct way that is easy for them to complete. It's late so I hope that made sense. Anyway thanks for all the things you post, I for one appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling girl. I posted things, but no comments. Idk if ppl have viewed it or not though. Not sure how to check that.

    As far as TpT thing, I don't have the money for it either. I hate when teachers put it on there. I love their ideas, but we teachers share ideas. I know we are all doing all we can to make extra money, but I don't have the money to spend to help anyone else out. I love the freebies, but that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel! Comments totally make my day. In my defense, I just found your blog 2 days ago, but my students really liked your HM packet from The Surprise Family. We're doing the adjectives page tomorrow - so thanks!!!

    Like all teachers, whose paychecks are constantly being cut, I appreciate people who post their activities for free. That being said, if I had better ideas and knew how to work the fancy programs to make great worksheets, I might consider it too.

    -Rachel
    edlink123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete